Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-29-2007, 08:25 PM

If you do not ask you will not get it. You need to check the prices now and then. A good TA will do it for you, however I still check on my own.
BTW welcome to Cruise Chat

Old 09-30-2007, 07:05 AM

No, you have to keep an eye on the prices. Too many pax booked for Carnival to do that. Then if you notice that, or notice any free upgrades that appear on the site then give them a call.

To find out, just keep going to the Carnival site and pretend to book your cruise but just take it as far as the pricing.

Kim
Old 09-30-2007, 07:21 AM

Thanks for the input everyone.

Now here is another question. I am in the military and I got the military rate which was a better rate than thew previous cruiser rate was. How do I check that rate because on Carnival's website they do not have a place to check if you are military.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:59 AM
I booked for an NCL cruise in June for January and the price has gone up 3 times since...so booking early sometimes pays off...I just received a note from my TA for a $499 (with air) for two of the Carnival ships for the second week of Dec...but unless you live in MN it's not a deal:-)...Happy Cruising...

Bob E
Old 09-30-2007, 12:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Mike&Macaille:
Thanks for the input everyone.

Now here is another question. I am in the military and I got the military rate which was a better rate than thew previous cruiser rate was. How do I check that rate because on Carnival's website they do not have a place to check if you are military.
Hi Mike, You can always call them direct and ask for a quote. Then ask about the military rate. Try this number 1-800-327-9501. Good Luck!

Dwayne
Old 09-30-2007, 04:20 PM

Berick1234

A fellow minnesotan. We are in Alexandria.
Old 09-30-2007, 06:51 PM

we are from forest lake minnesota, i use my military discount and i was told its better then any thing else.
Old 09-30-2007, 08:22 PM
We usually book as far ahead as we can-after we have determined where we want to cruise and the time of year! We usually are hunting the cruiseline websites looking at the new offerings when they are posted. Our agent has booked us some great bargains over the years and we have benefitted from many price reductions and/or upgrades-as they became available.

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy
Old 10-01-2007, 02:48 PM

Actually, I just learned this last year.

I don't know how Carnival or any other line does it, but I don't believe they "notify" you directly, if you purchase the cruise through them. I think you have to check this out for yourself.

Actually I just made reservations for next March through my TA. In the email I sent her, I mentioned (I wanted to make sure it was in "writing") that if the price should go down before we cruise, that she would make sure we get the "upgrade" or "discount."

Actually, what I did, was checked about 3, 2 1 month before you sail. If the prices go down and you have booked through Carnival (be sure and get a "name" of the person you booked through), you can email them, but I think when you "call" them, then you don't get all the hastle or the feedback of delay, that you would have through the email.

This is what I did, I called Carnival or whatever line you have booked through, "acting" like I was a "prospective customer", and in doing so, they quoted me the price of what I was looking for. You must take into consideration that there will be port charges/taxes/transfer fees "added" on to the price of the room.

If you book through a TA, they will not be checking on prices for you, so you must contact them, and tell them that the price has gone down, after checking with the cruise line.

I hope this will help. If you have any other questions, please feel free to ask. Actually we (by me checking ever so often (the prices may NOT go down, so you just have to keep checking as it gets closer to traveling time)save about $300, which we were able to spend elsewhere.

Just as another thought....you would be better off, getting insurance to cover you, for "just in case", something might happen. I'm not trying to scare you, but twice things have happened to us, so it was worth having insurance to cover us.
Old 10-01-2007, 02:54 PM

I really don't know, but as I mentioned in answering before, I think I would "call" and ask, this way, you know for sure what they/you are talking about.

They want your business, so ASK questions!

Closed Thread

Tags
18, acruise, advance, book, canada, caribbean, carnival, cruise, early, long, lower, paid, pay, price, save