Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-19-2010, 09:13 PM

I did the Victory in March and absolutely loved it. I enjoyed waking up in a different port every day. You can book a tour in every port or not, the choice is up to you. The Dining Room Manager, Joseph Anthony (from India) was an absolute charm, a real people person! Go at your own pace and enjoy your vacation.
Old 04-20-2010, 05:04 PM

I am glad to hear that there are parents out there that feel the need to know what there children are doing when on a cruise! It is always refreshing to see families on a cruise doing things together but seems to be rarer each time we cruise. I know that Carnival is really pushing the family cruise thing, which I have no problem with but it's not family cruising if they are all doing there own thing. Also wondering why they post signs up about certain pools being only for adults, it is apparent to me that the only people reading it is the adults with no children
We recently had the pleasure of experiencing people (with children) saving lounges at the pool to wonder why someone had taken there stuff off the lounges after they had left them unattended numerous times (every day). They were shocked, and oblivious to the fact that if we all did that we wouldn't be sleeping we would all be up saving chairs in the middle of the night! Another one of those sign things that is easier to ignore.

I just got back from the Miracle - Panama canal cruise, loved it, BUT while we were on booked another cruise for my most favorite which is the Victory because of all of its ports. There are so many different excursions for different tastes you can't go wrong. As Bugcruiser has said, it is also very nice because even if you only get off the ship for a short time, when you get back on early,
the ship is empty. Also, as stated we have found it is always an easier time getting on the ship when embarking, maybe because they don't leave until 10:00 p.m.? We prefer it over the cruises that only have a few ports such as the one we just came off. Of the eight night, only 3 stops makes for a very full boat most of the time. Will do a review on the Miracle and panama when I have more time, when we got off the crew and ship were leaving for it's new location, New York. The crew was having time off during this to actually enjoy the ship, including the engine guys (did you know the ship didn't run itself)? I am so glad to hear they get a break from all of us. Still trying to get back into the 40 degree weather from 95
Old 04-20-2010, 11:11 PM

Just a reminder for everyone to also submit a cruise review on the main site located Here.

Dwayne
Old 04-21-2010, 07:42 AM

Welcome back, lifeisgd I had my heart set on the Panama Canal this April, but just couldn't afford it. I'm going to try for next fall. I prefer a port intensive itinerary, because I love seeing new places and meeting new cultures/people. I still want to do the canal because I want to see the engineering, but a port intensive itinerary is my choice. You can do as much or as little as you like, and as has been said, the ship is empty when you get back on board.

I won't pressure you for a review, lifeisgd, but am really anxious to read it

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, diabetic, excursion, kitts, marriott, request, shore, st, type