Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2009, 01:18 PM

I'll have been "cruise-less" for more than a year, but we're finally going to be headed out this Summer.
We'll be on the Triumph, I've searched the forums, but no one has posted anything about her recently. Any news good/bad? How is post-Katrina New Orleans? Etc...
I'm really looking forward to cruise number 10!!! Platinum card, here we come

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-22-2009, 01:54 PM

Congratulations Marty! We have had reports from a few people that have sailed from N.O. lately and have not heard anything negative. So you should be fine. Our cruise in june will make it our platinum cruise too... I can't wait. I hope someone will come in and give a report on Triuphm for u.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 11-22-2009, 04:49 PM

Congrats Marty! I haven't heard much about the Triumph lately either. Someone was asking questions about her not too long ago. It's rough going for over a year without a cruise.

Dwayne
Old 11-23-2009, 07:58 AM

Congratulations Marty Haven't heard anything about the Triumph, but all reports out of New Orleans seem to be good. Best wishes for a fantastic time!
Old 11-23-2009, 09:40 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Marty Clowers:
I'll have been "cruise-less" for more than a year, but we're finally going to be headed out this Summer.
We'll be on the Triumph, I've searched the forums, but no one has posted anything about her recently. Any news good/bad? How is post-Katrina New Orleans? Etc...
I'm really looking forward to cruise number 10!!! Platinum card, here we come
Marty, Congrats on Platinum status. I can't wait myself, putting cruise #8 up in March. I've cruised the Triumph 3 times, most recently Feb 22 2009. She was in great shape, the shows were big time entertainment and the wait staff and hotel staff were top notch. This ship always had a very high internal rank among the Carnival ships. There is an internal published rating based largely on customer reviews that are made out at the end of your cruise and a little on how much money the passengers spend. Happy passengers spend more money. I never cruised out of NO on her so I hope that is good.
Old 11-26-2009, 09:10 AM

Thanks for the responses
This will be my fourth time out of NOLA, but first post-Katrina. And this is my first BIG ship in a long while, I've been hanging out on the Fantasy classes (and one Holiday and Celebration cruise each).
Cruise #1 and 2 were on the Conquest, and I was impressed enough to keep cruising. I spent 3 1/2 years at sea for Uncle Sam, and I never would have thought that I would want to go back to sea. As it turns out, I cannot wait! Come on May 22!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 11-27-2009, 08:18 PM
Marty - The Carnival Triumph is in great shape, I sailed on her to Canada in this past June. She is carrying a top notch crew with some really great stage shows and nitely entertainment. While she doesn't carry a specialty restaurant - you'll find you won't miss it in the least ' cause the meals in the main dining rooms are all first class!

The chocolate melting cake is waiting for you and, as I learned recently, she is very much a more compact edition of the new Carnival Dream!! You and yours are sure to have a great cruise!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

PS An A++++ for the pizza and those great Deli Sandwiches!!!
Old 11-27-2009, 09:04 PM
Marty, I have a good friend leaving on Triumph tomorrow; I will relay everything she has to say.
Old 11-27-2009, 11:25 PM
After Dec. 11th roles around, I will have been "cruise-less" for a year too. That is why am now searching for another cruise.

I sailed on the Triumph back in Nov. 2007. I really enjoyed the cruise. I sailed on the Glory the year before and I felt like I was back on her. All except there is no "Supper Club" (the 5 star restaurant), nor the Fish and Chips restaurant. On the Glory the Supper Club was called the Emerald Room. Both the Emerald Room and the Fish and Chips place were on the second level of the Lido Cafeteria. On the Triumph, there was no second level of the Lido Cafteria. That was the only difference I noticed between the Glory and the Triumph.
Old 11-28-2009, 08:00 AM
Quote:
Both the Emerald Room and the Fish and Chips place were on the second level of the Lido Cafeteria. On the Triumph, there was no second level of the Lido Cafteria
Frase -

Actually there is a second level to the Triumph Lido Cafeteria.... all you need to do is take the narrow stairs located behind the dessert bar to an almost never used table area! It's never crowded.

On the Dream it is the Italian Pasta Bar buffet with waiters and all (at no charge!)

BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread