Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2007, 08:53 AM

wedding on ship in Galveston. wedding is being done through cruise lines. We're trying to get an idea for the guest register table so we'll know what we can bring and set up plus any other idea for added flowers etc in actual wedding area. Never done this or been to a wedding on a ship. Anyone who's had a wedding or been to one on ship that can give any information will be most appreciated.
Thanks
Old 07-09-2007, 09:07 AM

Your wedding coordinator is the person that should answer all your questions concerning what you can and can't do. Flowers are included in the wedding packages. The weddings I have been to included bride and groom flowers, and flowers on columns decorating the area where the bride and groom stand.
Old 07-09-2007, 11:55 AM

Thanks
We have the same information you mentioned. However, we can't seem to find out about the guest register area. This will be on Conquest. What did
you see for the guest register area.
Old 07-09-2007, 05:18 PM

Do you mean the procedure for all your guest to board the ship? If so, it may vary depending on the size of your party. Both weddings I attended were on the Carnival Victory. The first one was well organized. They had a separate room down in the cruise terminal for everyone to check in whose name was on the wedding list. They then were allowed on the ship ahead of regular sailing passengers. The other wedding I attended was very small, and we were instructed to just check in through normal procedures.
Old 07-10-2007, 02:46 PM

Once aboard are the guests shown to the place where the ceremony will be held and there i would guess is where the guests sign the register so the bride and groom have a record of who attended.

How was the wedding you attended.
Thanks
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 PM

The guest were told what lounge and the time the wedding would be. They made their own way to the lounge. I thought both weddings were done very nicely. The photographer may take too many pictures, but of course their trying to get you to buy them all.
Old 07-11-2007, 03:57 AM

We had a wedding on the Glory out of Port Canaveral in May. They did a great job. You will need to work closely with the wedding coordinator. We did not order additional flowers - just went with the basic package and it was beautiful but with hindsight I would have ordered an upgrade to the ceremony flowers/decorations. The reception decorations were terrific - no need for upgrade. The food was also wonderful. We did do a pianist as an extra and it was well worth the additional cost. We were allowed on the ship as soon as it cleared customs and the guest were allowed to make their own way to the ceremony site. They could wander around the ship and even were fed lunch at the buffet. The bride and groom went to their stateroom to get ready and any passengers cruising after the wedding could drop off their carry-on luggage. They had the traditional sign-in book for the guests and the photographer was terrific - took lots of pictures and you only have to buy those you want and they actually allowed the bride and groom to wait until the end of the cruise to purchase the package so the other pictures during the cruise could be part of the package price. Also gave package prices to others in the party who wanted to purchase.
Finally, they gave a cd of all the pictures taken to the bride and groom - they didn't know until the end they would do that. The only negative that we had was getting into the terminal. They told us to be there at 10:30. What they didn't tell us was that the 3000 passengers would be disembarking at the same time - what a mad house! It was terrible trying to enter the port and we were almost late even though we went early. I would suggest planning to be there at 10:00 at the latest since you have to unload and park - and it takes awhile to actually get close enough to unload. Your coordinator will be with you each step of the way once you are in the terminal.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 07-20-2007, 05:05 PM

First Congrats!Retired.First let me say I got married in 2004 on the Triumph and it was smooth.Don't purchase extra flowers.Carnival has several wedding packages to choose from.We had our ceromony while ported in St.Thomas in the afternnon 3pm followed by a reception around5pm in the dance club.

An open bar and buffet,cake,champagne glasses, D.J and name dispayed in nightclub was agreat touch.The minister came from St.thomas,along with beautiful flowers for me and my husband in my stateroom. At our ceremony there was two white pillars topped with beautiful white flowers.PERFECT!and much more.Our photgrapher was great.Pictures of our whole wedding and wedding party all over the ship.You get to choose only the pictures you like and your guests can even purchase them for you as well.Your wedding cordinator is with you every step of the way.She took me down for the ceromony and delived everything to my room after getting back from the spa.I recommend ONE HUGE THING.Five couples were suppose to get married this day but we were the only couple to actully get married.We went to sware in at the court house early in the morning (transportation included) and no other couple had faxed there paper work to St.thomas courthouse could not get married because the judge was not in that morning.I am not sure how it works when the captain marries you.I am sure CARNIVAL will send you papers to fill out.Send all paper work backed signed by both of you and fax it back and keep a copy on you. Have a great time.It is a smooth transaction.NO STRESS

Closed Thread

Tags
bride, carnival, cruise, dj, food, groom, guest, negative, package, packages, pay, pictures, reactions, reception, reviews, upgrade, wedding