Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-09-2009, 08:31 PM

Parasailing.... as a general rule we try o push people away from para sailing, renting jetskis and renting mopeds/motorcycles on the isles. The reason you don't see those things on the ship tour lists is because they are dangerous (yes they are a lot of fun but...) The insurance (or lack of it) is one reason, but most of the operators are some guy that happen to own a boat going in together to pull some tourists around on a para sail. They don't have much in the way of experience and or safety procedures. Anyway, you get the idea. I won't tell you not to do it if that is what you want to do, but understand the concern. Mopeds are out... don't do it. I drive a Harley here and I would dream of renting a bike on most of the islands I have been to.

The dolphins tour is great. Its pricey but great. Just be sure to pick the right one. One is called a Dolphin Experience and one is called a Dolphin Swim.. the Experience is basically you watching the dolphins in the water. The swim gets you in the water with them. So gauge what you want from that.

Don't be afraid to ask questions. You have decades of cruising experience amongst us and we are happy to help.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 07-09-2009, 10:48 PM

Hi AVandrie, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Congrats on your first cruise! As you can see you picked the right forum to ask questions and get friendly informative answers. We are all here to help, so ask away.

I can't add much to the excellent answers and advice you have already received so far. I just wanted to welcome you to the forum.

BTW, when it gets closer to your cruise, remind me and I'll tell you an easy way to explain how to make a Blue Motorcycle to the bartenders.

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne

Old 07-10-2009, 07:32 AM

AVandrie, I highly recommend the swim with the dolphin excursion, it is truly the most awesome experience I've ever had. We did ours in Cozumel and I bought the video. Whenever I'm jonesing for a cruise or having a yucko day, I put the tape in. Sure makes me happy! There have been a few on the board that have done the Segway and really had a ball. I don't think I'm coordinated enough, but if they'd tie a pillow to my rear, put enough padding on me and a helmet, I might be able to go a block or two. Are your ports just Nassau and Freeport? I'm not sure of all the itineraries. If so, you probably won't have much time to do a snorkel, but if you can the snorkeling is really good in the Bahamas and Turks and Caicos. If you do Coco Cay on your itinerary, that's a good place to snorkel. I haven't been to Freeport in more years than you. Everything I've read has said it's not that great, I'd still like to go there. I loved the Lucaya area, and actually liked the island more than Nassau, but that was years ago. I won't say how many, but more than 14.

I love the idea of the Easter cakes, the kids and grown-ups alike will get a bang out of them. There are excursions at the ports that are not listed on the ship. There are ports I wouldn't recommend going off on my own, but you will be fine in Nassau and Freeport. Sometimes shore excursions are less expensive, but just remember to leave plenty of time to be back on board. If you're not on a ship's excursion, they won't wait for you. Now granted, the flight from Nassau to Freeport isn't that expensive, but you'll miss out on the ship experience.

Jim, Dave, and Dwayne are Carnival experts as well as cruise experts. They always have great answers to questions. I've been on Carnival 5 times, but they're all VIPs. Cruise Fanatic and Sandy might be VIPs, too.

It might seem like next April is a long way off, but it will fly.

Dave, you're right I did forget y'all wore shorts to dinner. I hope Ron forgot too. I always tell him he has to dress for dinner, so don't tell him otherwise. I rarely get to see him look nice. It's either shorts or sweats at the house, jeans when we go to town. Please, please, please don't tell him he can get away with shorts in the dining room
Old 07-10-2009, 08:40 AM

Ok.. Penny.. but it will cost you..
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013

Closed Thread

Tags
1000, bahamas, board, camp, carnival, cruises, family, fees, freeport, island, nassau, pride, segway, size, snokel