Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-02-2007, 03:01 PM
Banned

Casanova, here's my advice. Depending on how many times you've cruised with Carnival, call or e-mail their customer service dept. and have your past guest number handy. Tell them that you never received any pins for the cruises you've taken with them. They should be able to bring up your information on their computer system and send you the appropriate pins. Good luck.
A'ndrea
Old 06-02-2007, 03:06 PM
Great!!!
Did not know I have that option
I will try it very soon I have to call them this week...
Thanks Andrealovescruising
Old 06-02-2007, 03:55 PM

Collection ?
Please, the least said about it the better.

I/we keep:
- cruise line documents;
- each "day program" in each language (up to six sometimes: english, french, deutsch, spanish, italian and japanese - which I can't understand a single ideogram);
- each "guide to port of call" (again up to six);
- all our cruise cards;
- whatever the stateroom assistant leaves in the cabin;
- one item of any bathroom supply (never to be opened in times to come);
- cruise line marked writing paper (never to be used ITTC);
- picture postcards representing the cruise ship (never to be posted ITTC);
- Coca Cola labels from bottles purchased during excursions in various languages;
- as an expansion to the previous, labels from any other beverages from ports of call;
- free newspapers and advertising magazines picked up walking during excursions;
- bus/metro/taxi tickets, cash vouchers and so on.
Since 1990 - our first one was "ITALIA 1990 WORLD SOCCER CHAMPIONSHIP", bought at home - we try to get, everytime and everywhere, one of those plastic ashtrays painted with the name of the place we're visiting, as well as ... a little flag of the country. As we waved the Egyptian flag before an egyptian soldier at the dock in Alexandria, he smiled and leapt to attention !

We practically disembark with an additional bag of luggage ... any more suggestion ?
Old 06-02-2007, 04:09 PM
I keep my Capers too. On my last cruise they cleaned my room on the second to last day and removed all my Capers!! I was able to get copies of all the week's worth from the Purser's desk so I was not too upset with my room steward.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy June 27, 2014
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014

Past Cruises:
42 and Counting......
Old 06-02-2007, 05:54 PM
Banned

Larry, I keep the Capers too. But, I think fredo's got us all beat.
A'ndrea
Old 06-02-2007, 08:07 PM

I am VERY afraid of what I will end up bringing home. As a avid scrapbooker I SAVE everything. And it all makes it one way or another in my albums!

I love the Christmas ornament idea. Where do you all get them in the ports? That would be a wonderful tradition!

RCCL Viking Serenade - May 10, 1992
Old 06-02-2007, 09:41 PM

I get postcards and coffee mugs from each ship.

But I wish there was a way to get the BIG ships model from the dining rooms without anybody noticing...

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 06-03-2007, 04:21 AM

A'ndrea, I keep my pins as well. I have missed a few along the way, and before they started doing it. I would love to have them all as well!

I think it is neat thing to save them.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:08 AM
Administrator

Whoops... I got it backward in my post above. It looks like Carnival used to put the year of sailing on the pin. So, our Carnival Victory is dateless, and our Carnival Destiny includes the year (2000) at the base of the funnel. I prefer having the date on it.

fredo, I am impressed with your list. Like Michele, I am a scrapbooker, yet I don't even come close to what you collect. I'm jealous!

Larry, glad to hear you were able to get replacement copies of the Capers. I am so paranoid about that myself, that I put everything into one of the bureau drawers.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:32 AM

I don't know if it's true or not, but rumor has it, Carnival may be starting to take the Sail and Sign cards when you disembark on the last day. The word is this will be happening on all Carnival Corporation brands. I guess it already has been happening on some sailings and not on others. I remember in December 1993 when I was leaving the Carnival Triumph, their kiosk wasn't working properly so they kept everyone's Sail and Sign. I was so upset!! It put me in a bad mood for hours! That little card means a lot to me! I hope they aren't making it a policy (for whatever reason) to keep the cards.

Closed Thread

Tags
buy, carnival, collector, cruise, destiny, freedom, fridge, magnet, ornaments, pin, pins, pride, purchase, ship, xmas