Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-21-2006, 02:01 PM

We are going on the triumph in Aug. of 2007. Can anyone give us some advise on our shor excursions. Do we purshase from the boat or from the places we want to go to?
Old 06-21-2006, 02:18 PM

In Cozumel, snorkeling and water activities in Xel-ha is great, Tulhum ruins are great, and Chanakaab (sp?) Park (should be back in business by then) was great. In Grand Cayman, Stingray City is awesome, 7 mile beach is beautiful, and shopping is pretty good. In Ocho Rios, Dunn's River Falls is a blast. We've always booked through the ships, but there are a lot of recommendations on this blog for booking through private companies. It does save money, but I prefer booking through the ship. I know they've done their research and have never been disappointed with any excursions. We do hire local cab drivers once we're in port if we want to see the island in more detail. Hope this helps and have a wonderful cruise!
Old 06-25-2006, 11:36 AM

Utha

We had a wonderful day in Jamaica. My family and friend and I were there two weeks ago on the Carnival Victory.

We had reserved a private tour through the suggestions on this board, and I can't say enough wonderful things about Toni Bightlight! He was waiting for us at the pier

Our itinerary consisted of River Tubing, Dunns River Falls, and the Plantation tour; then lunch and shopping. Well, he fit it all into our short day!

First up was the tubing.Tony took us to the pull out area, waited until we were in the water with the guide, and then left to meet us at the other end. The guide was fantastic! He got all three of us into inner tubes nice big ones with bottoms in them so you wouldn't scrape your own "bottom" if you floated too shallow. The trip down the river was great - really relaxing, but really fun where the rapids were. About half-way, we got out of the tubes and were offered drinks - I tried a Red Stripe, the local beer. The guide showed us some of the local vegetations, we walked around a bit, and then got back in the water. The entire ride was great!

Next up, since we were now wet and it wasn't time for the Plantation tour, was Dunns River Falls. Again, Tony dropped us off, he had our tickets ready, and waited right there for us. We walked down to the beach -! Beautiful beach! We climbed about half-way up the falls , but my legs started to give out on me - it's a lot harder than it looks! So, we chose to get out and walk the rest of the way up on the path. The Falls are beautiful and I could have spent more time on that beach.

After we changed to dry clothes, Tony took us to the Plantation. Our guide was very well informed and we saw some magnificent views as the plantation is on top of a mountain! We were fed fresh coconut - after watching one of the men scale the palm tree bare footed and with no rope!

We then had about 1 hour left for some shopping and wanted to see some local crafts - Warning, if you don't want to be asked to look and buy, don't go to the craft market in town. I was not, at any point asked to buy drugs; and no one came after me or tried to physically get me in their booth. One woman did put a skirt on me while I was waiting for my niece to decide on a piece of jewelry. I just took it back off and handed it to her with a "no thanks." email tonybrightlight at yahoo.com for great time
Old 06-28-2006, 12:46 PM

thanks for the info. We don't get to go on our cruise until aug.2007, but we are still counting down the days.

Closed Thread

Tags
cozumel, craft, cruise, excursions, market, reviews, shore, triumph