Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-27-2007, 04:28 PM

Any advice for first time cruisers? Which shore excursions are the best in Cozumel? Are there any "must see" spots that we don't want to miss? Should we book the shore excursion through Carnival or at Cozumel? We are going for our 5th Anniversary and are really excited about our first cruise and can't wait to go. I know that we are going to love cruising and I've already been looking at the info for an Alaskan cruise...but that will have to wait for a while.
Old 06-27-2007, 04:53 PM
Banned

Hi Tessa, Welcome.

Cozumel is a beautiful port. I would recommend snorkeling or diving. Cozumel is home to some incredible reefs.

Cozumel is a safe port and I would not hesitate to book through an independent. That is up to you. We have always rented a jeep and done the island on our own, at our leisure.

We have snorkeled at Chankanaab National Park and Punta Sur Park. I haven't been back since Wilma came through. She did do quite a bit of damage to the beaches and the reefs, according to others on this site.

All in all, Cozumel does not disappoint. It's probably my favorite port, along with Belize and Grand Cayman.

I am sure others will give you useful advice on here, as well.

Have a great cruise.
A'ndrea
Old 06-28-2007, 12:30 AM

Tessa,

For first timers in generally I would recommend a ship excursion. Get a taste of the island and culture kinda thing. Chankanaab Park and Paradise Beach are Kid friendly as well and can be easily done on your own. In the other thread you said young children. If they are 8 and above I can highly recommend the Fury Catamaran.

Click Here

Cozumel is one of my favorite ports as well.

Best regards,
IslandCruz
Old 06-28-2007, 01:01 AM

No kids on this one. Hubby and I are going alone. But thanks for the help. The shore excursions sound great and wasn't sure where to start. But it sounds like we will have fun no matter which we choose.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:12 AM

Thanks. I hadn't thought about doing that but that would be nice. Doing it on our own would give us more freedom to enjoy Cozumel and not be rushed around on a tour that is limited on time.
Quote:
Originally posted by Andrealovescruising:

Cozumel is a safe port and I would not hesitate to book through an independent. That is up to you. We have always rented a jeep and done the island on our own, at our leisure.
Old 06-28-2007, 01:50 AM

There ya go! Me trying to take online classes and having 4 windows open! I confused you with Christi. Sorries. In that case I Super Highly Recommend the Fury! A great way to experience Cozumel and still have time to shop downtown.

IslandCruz
Old 06-28-2007, 10:08 AM
Banned

Tessa, I highly recommend it. Cozumel's main highway is basically a giant circle. You would really have to screw up big time to get lost there. Rental companies will give you a map of Cozumel.

We rent our jeep right at the pier. We can come and go to beaches, shopping, and sightseeing on our own free will. It was 20 years ago when we first visited Cozumel as newlyweds. We rented our first jeep then and we've been going it alone all these years. There truly is nothing like it. The only time constraint we're under is getting back to the ship in time.

A'ndrea
Old 06-28-2007, 02:48 PM

Cozumel on Ecstasy and we haven't heard from Psycho.
Old 06-28-2007, 02:57 PM
Banned

Give him time, Ken. He's busy folding his t-shirt collection and reading Scriptures. This one is too good for him to pass on.

A'ndrea
Old 06-28-2007, 09:23 PM

A'ndrea, sounds like the way to go to me. Hubby wasn't too sure when I first mentioned it. Not knowing where to go and afraid we might get lost but I read your post to him and he seemed more interested in the idea. So, I figure that's probably the way we will go. He's not much for crowds alot so that will give us some quiet time alone while we are sight seeing and will be more intimate...definitely a plus. That ought to convince him if nothing else.
Thanks, Tessa

Closed Thread

Tags
beaches, carnival, cosmel, cozumel, cozy, cozymel, cruise, ecstacy, ecstasy, excursion, excursions, exstisy, mel, reviews, ship, shore