Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-14-2007, 07:22 AM

Carnival has a VIP plan for its frequent cruisers and its free of charge. There is no need to purchase such a plan through Carnival Vacation Club.

I encourage each of you to foward correspondence to Carnival CEO. I personally sent a letter and received some discounts on future cruises. Additional, with all the bad cruise press lately, I even encouraged a couple of cable news networks to investigate the scams being carried out on the cruises.

If there is anyone who has been able to stay at 5-star resort using resort certificates, please let me know.
Old 03-14-2007, 04:42 PM
Huh?
Old 03-15-2007, 12:32 PM

I'm with you, what was that and why was it flying so low? I think we are missing part of the conversation.
Old 03-15-2007, 02:10 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by mzsumthing:
Carnival has a VIP plan for its frequent cruisers and its free of charge. There is no need to purchase such a plan through Carnival Vacation Club.

I encourage each of you to foward correspondence to Carnival CEO. I personally sent a letter and received some discounts on future cruises. Additional, with all the bad cruise press lately, I even encouraged a couple of cable news networks to investigate the scams being carried out on the cruises.

If there is anyone who has been able to stay at 5-star resort using resort certificates, please let me know.
I believe mzsumthing is talking about Carnival Vacation Club, and the fact that one of the selling points for some people is the VIP "perks" afforded to CVC members, that Carnival gives free to guests that have cruise 10 or more times with Carnival.

Also part of the CVC sign-up package are certificates for a week's stay at various resorts in the U.S. and Mexico.

For mzsumthing: My husband I joined CVC. The VIP status was a selling point for us, as we do not have 10 Carnival cruises under our belt as yet.

Also, we have used our 1-week FREE Resort stay coupon. We used it last October and stayed at the Reef Club Cozumel. Both the resort and the week we wanted to stay were our first choice.

While I understand some people have not found CVC to be what they anticipated, it has worked exactly as my husband and I expected, so far.

When and if it does not work as planned, I will be happy to share that information, as I am happy to share the information that so far -- for us -- it has worked as presented and to our satisfaction.
Old 03-16-2007, 04:43 AM
The only thing I can say about the CVC is I was flat out lied to about what I would get. I was able to cancel in time so it did not cost me anything but hours on the phone.
YouTube Channel: VideoOnTheWeb
-------------------------------------------
Upcoming:
Ecstasy September 12, 2014
Conquest November 16, 2014
Ecstasy January 23, 2015

Past Cruises:
43 and Counting......

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, charging, club, clubs, cruise, cruises, facination, fascination, imagination, join, perks, privelages, privileges, status, vip