Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-11-2008, 11:32 AM

my family is leaving on the Carnival Victory (I hope this is a good ship)2/26/08 and had a few question. First, I'm taking my 2 kids ages 10 and 14, any suggestions on excustions-we also didn't have a large selection of rooms left so we were assigned cat. 4A-In the pictures it looks like only 2 twin beds-is it going to accomadate the 4 of us? last question-is it worth us purchasing the "drink card" for the kids?
Old 04-11-2008, 03:18 PM

Welcome to Cruise Chat.
The Victory is a nice ship. I've sailed on it three times and she usually gets good reviews. Your cabin category 4a can accomodate four people. The two twin beds can push together to make a King, and the other two beds will be pull down bunk beds. Your cabin steward will take care care of the beds for you putting them up and down. If you are booked in a category 4A "Guarantee" there is a possibility you may be upgraded. If you are in 4A "assigned" cabin then you will remain in that cabin.
Are you doing the Southern Caribbean?
Old 04-11-2008, 05:18 PM

We're going on the 5 day to Freeport and Nassau
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 AM

Hi scgirl, and Welcome to Cruise-Chat!

Don't you mean the 05/26/08 sailing out of Charleston?

The Victory is a nice ship. If the kids are going to drink at least 3 sodas each daily the "Fountain Fun Card" would be worth it. Remember it is one card per kid though.

Are you from SC?

Welcome aboard,

Dwayne
Old 04-13-2008, 11:03 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by scgirl:
We're going on the 5 day to Freeport and Nassau
I think Jason is still the Male production singer on the Victory. Not only was he a great singer but very social. If you meet him in the passageway or a club (name tag: Jason) say hi and tell him how much you enjoy his singing, you might be treated to a fun chat providing he doesn't need to get to rehearsal or something.
Old 04-13-2008, 02:01 PM

Oops! Guess I missed that ship-I did mean 5/26/08 and yes I am from SC-I leave about 45 mins. from Charleston. Did you have any suggestions on excursions?
Old 04-13-2008, 02:04 PM

Another typo-I meant I live 45 minutes from charleston-
Old 04-14-2008, 06:33 AM

Hi SC girl, welcome to Cruise-Chat. Island Cruz lives in South Carolina, so y'all may be neighbors. In Nassau I'd highly suggest grabbing a cab over to the Atlantis in Paradise Island (right across the bridge). There is a nice beach adjacent to the property, and it's a relatively inexpensive way to spend the day. The beach is free, but there is an aquarium in the Atlantis that is well worth the fee of the tour. Walking around the property is free as well, it is a spectacular resort. If you'll visit our Caribbean Port Chat section, just a little further down the main page, you can find numerous posts on Freeport and Nassau. Just use your find feature, upper left hand corner of your post, type in Nassau or Freeport and it will pull up all the posts about either port. Hope you have a wonderful cruise and once again, welcome aboard!
Old 04-14-2008, 12:49 PM
Scgirl- I also am from SC & have done this cruise out of Charleston in 5-2005 & 5-2006 & I loved it both times. This ship is wonderful & you guys will have such fun. Lots of college kids go, they all seem to get it as a graduation present. I guess since the College of Charleston is right down the road from the port. As for the sodas you could each bring a 6 pack of your favorite soda in order not to have to buy the card. It depends on how many you guys drink in a day. I agree about going over to the Atlantis it is so beautiful. But don't forget to go to the market before you get back on the ship. Have fun & look for my friend Cindy Wallis as her & her husband will be on board with you.
Old 04-14-2008, 11:06 PM

scgirl, Yes, I live in SC too as Penny noted. I live in North Myrtle. I knew about the cruise date because it was on my list of possible cruises to take this year.

I wish I was going too, as it is a short drive if I leave from Manning/Santee, (parents have a place there). Yes, as MACLEODC noted it is fine to bring soda onboard.

Dwayne

Closed Thread