Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2004, 05:27 PM

Hi... anyone going on the Conquest 10-17-04? We are from Illinois travelling with a group of 28. We have a range of people of all ages going.
I have done tons of reading on cruisereviews.com and cruisecritic.com just to make sure we are making the best of our trip.
Old 08-02-2004, 05:27 PM

Hi... anyone going on the Conquest 10-17-04? We are from Illinois travelling with a group of 28. We have a range of people of all ages going.
I have done tons of reading on cruisereviews.com and cruisecritic.com just to make sure we are making the best of our trip.
Old 08-03-2004, 09:07 AM

We're going on the Nov. 21-28 sailing. However, my husband & I went on the Conquest June 2003 & had a wonderful time. The staff, food, entertainment were wonderful. Only thing we didn't like was Jamaica, but I think that's either a hit or miss depending on which excursion you do. We did the shopping/look around Jamica deal (not sure what they call it). I thought it was interesting to see how different they live & portions of the island were beautiful but wasn't crazy about the pushiness of the people. Heard Dunns River was beautiful but also heard some people say the drive there & back wasn't worth it. What are the ages in your group? We're bringing our 11 & 16 yr. old sons. Hoping the 16 yr. old will find ways to stay busy.
Old 08-03-2004, 04:22 PM

Steph,
My sons are 13 & 16, but we have a bunch of their friends and their families going also.. so they already have someone to hang out with, but I hope they get to meet new kids also. I know they really want to use the basketball court,but I have also read that the access to the "topless" deck is right there by the basketball court. Hopefully they don't see it it! LOL! I can't wait to go.. did you have an interior or oceanview or balcony? We have a balcony and the boys and their friends have an interior across the hall from us. Anything other tips are welcomed.

Slucca
Old 08-03-2004, 04:28 PM

They won't see the "topless deck" from the basketball court. That deck is very well sheltered, visually, from the rest of the ship, and there are signs at its entrance notifying people of the age restriction (which I think is 21).
Old 08-03-2004, 04:31 PM

Karen,
thanks for the assurance. I haven't been on the Conquest, but only read that it was around the court ( I thought).
Old 08-04-2004, 08:53 AM

S:

When Hubby & I went we had balcony #8450 which is a little longer than the other balconies & it was wonderful. Balcony now is the only way to go -- at least for us. When deciding what we were going to do for the Nov. cruise, I was really torn because I will have to leave my little dog for 8 days which I've never done. Needless to say I cried seriously for two days before getting quotes (I know, I'm a ninny). I said a little prayer & said I needed a sign. Finally spoke to someone who had a great rate on a balcony (cheaper than last time) & inside room for boys & as fate would have it, it's the same exact balcony room we had in June. I figured it was definitely meant to be.

The only other tidbits I can offer is: (1) pool seemed to get very crowded & by the 2nd day we went early & marked our territory w/our stuff; (2) dining rooms are very cold -- you might want to bring a sweater.

Hope you & your family have a wonderful time. Please let me know how it went when you get back.

Steph!
Old 09-01-2004, 10:43 AM

We are sailing the Conquest 10-17-04. There will be four of us, my husband and I, my sister and her husband. This is our 3rd cruise..we have a balcony room and we are in our late 40's. Hope to correspond with other people going this at this time.

Carnival Conquest 10/17/2004
Old 09-30-2004, 08:09 PM

I can't believe I did this... but I was checking to see if anyone else had added to my original thread and found a HUGE typo on my part!...I am not on the 10-17-04 cruise... I am on 10-10-04 Carnival Conquest. What a typo! I will be getting back to New Orleans on the 17th! I have only been planning this cruise for a YEAR! I have known the date all along!Anyone else going the 10th????
Old 09-30-2004, 08:15 PM

I can't believe I did this... but I was checking to see if anyone else had added to my orig

Closed Thread

Tags
2004, 8450, cabin, carnival, conquest, cruise, date, reviews, room, stateroom