Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2007, 03:58 PM
well!! going on my 14th cruise if you asked me 8 years ago if I would ever go on a cruise, I would have said no, was afraid of being out to sea, well 13 cruises later you can not keep me on land, so I will be retiring in Feb. and will not get to do two cruise's a year any more, will have do do some penny saving to try and do one, once a year or one every 2 years, but one thing I have is some great memories and made many friends on here and on cruise"s we went onin the past and got to see some pretty amazing places. so here to every one cruising this year!!! Merry Christmas & a very Happy New Year!!!
Old 12-12-2007, 07:30 PM

Hi peachcrek, I feel the same way. Just recently did my 14th cruise. Congrats on your upcoming retirement.

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year back at you!!

ps. Use the BB code at cruiseclocks to get your ticker to display.

Dwayne
Old 12-12-2007, 09:41 PM

You know being retired has its advantages. You can cruise any time of the year, you get the good rates. 2 for the $ of 1

Congrats! Enjoy your retirement.
Holiday May 2009
Fantasy Feb. 2010

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2007, 06:25 AM

Happy Holidays to you peachcrek and congratulations on your retirement! Like Emily8 said, being able to cruise at last minute or off-peak times can really be an advantage. I am so looking forward to being able to retire one day, but I'll still have to work at Wal-Mart or McDonalds to have money to do things, mainly eat and have a place to live, but hopefully that will include a cruise or two as well. Hope you and yours have a safe and happy holiday season!
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Cruising is my NEW life:-)...19th coming up next month and Alaska in June....We did 3 cruises last year and yes, penny pinching works...but then as I always say..."You can't cruise when you are dead"...but one of replies I got to that quote was "my ashes are going on a cruise and spread over the ocean...hmmmm that's a good idea....Happy Cruising...Life is Great....

Bob E
Old 12-13-2007, 09:28 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Berick1234:
Cruising is my NEW life:-)...19th coming up next month and Alaska in June....We did 3 cruises last year and yes, penny pinching works...but then as I always say..."You can't cruise when you are dead"...but one of replies I got to that quote was "my ashes are going on a cruise and spread over the ocean...hmmmm that's a good idea....Happy Cruising...Life is Great....

Bob E
I have always loved the idea of scattering ashes at sea but expect it is not legal. (Besides, the ashes would probably end up on someone else's balcony or face-or with my luck someone would get hit by a flying urn)

What would they do if they caught you? Would they find a better way to do it if you asked?
Just wondering.
Old 12-13-2007, 12:06 PM
Just scatter them off the fantail (back of the ship) and they will scatter very nicely...and who's to know. Happy Sailing.....

Bob E
Old 12-13-2007, 12:57 PM

Problem is, then you're in the ocean. I wanna be on the ship -- scatter my ashes somewhere on the Lido Deck!!!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 12-13-2007, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by Marylovestocruise:
Problem is, then you're in the ocean. I wanna be on the ship -- scatter my ashes somewhere on the Lido Deck!!!!
But....some crew member will wash the decks, again and again.....and again....

I think ashes would need to be left somewhere they rarely look into...
Old 12-13-2007, 04:07 PM

For me the problem is academic - my husband says he is not ready to have his ashes scattered anywhere.

Closed Thread

Tags
ashes, burial, carnival, cremated, cruise, lines, sea