Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-18-2007, 08:51 PM

I'm 27 years old and addicted to cruising!!! I'm curious, how many other "forum regulars" are "younger" cruise enthusiastsí?

I've been lucky/fortunate enough to have been on 8 carnival cruises and each one has been better than the previous. I've met people from all over the world and made some lasting friendships along the way...and a couple of short romances too -. I think cruising is a great value!! A client of mine even met his wife on a cruise out of Boston. The possibilities are endless!

I usually cruise with my twin brother (I know, strange...thatís another thread) and we always make a few friends in our age group but it would be great to plan a cruise with a group from this site who are younger in age. Not to take anything away from the older, more "mature" cruisers as they can party just as hard and show us young bucks how to have a good time.

Anyone interested? If we all invite a few of our friends we will be guaranteed to have a good time. We could take advantage of a group rate and distribute the savings amongst everyone. Kinda like a singles cruise but all are invited!

Mr October...its a must that you join our group. I have no idea how old you are but sounds like you know how to make ship sail! Plus, you have a nice network of ladies already on your "friends" list and you can sing.

In all seriousness, cruise lines target families and the elderly. When are they going to designate a ship for singles and younger passengers looking to have some fun without disrupting families and elderly? I'm not implying an out of control party boat but one that is geared towards a younger crowd.
Old 04-19-2007, 08:18 AM

llev80
i am 31 years old and would love to be a member of your group! i too love to have a good time. weather in the kareoke bar, at the pool, slot tournament, bingo, port excursion talk, whatever----people always know when i am around! i dont drink and have not for 6 years so the clubs are not my spped but i do have good time and i love to be around people who want to party and have a good time. i live vicariously through others! the last cruise i was on was great but the crowd was much older and very southern! i loved hanging out with some of the people that i met but i always crave a younger crowd! i am often impressed with the older crowd though. some of them really let loose and have a grand old time and for me it is sometimes funny to watch older folks make a fool of themselves b/c i know that they probably would not be acting that way is they were home on land in front of their kids or grandkids. i want to see more young people, but you older folks please keep having fun! i will too be considered older someday and hope to god that i will be able to cruise and have a good time like some of those that i have met on the high seas.
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-19-2007, 08:22 AM

llev80.....before I remarried in 2005, I went on numerous "single cruises" thru www.singlescruise.com and had a blast on each one. the atmosphere is what you describe. Check it out!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 04-19-2007, 10:34 AM

cruiseocd...what do you mean by very southern?

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 04-19-2007, 10:39 AM

did not mean that in a bad way! just that i am a philly boy and most of the people were from nothern florida, georgia, north/south carolina so on and so forth. just a different group of people than i am used too. no offense intended.
fascination-5/07
miracle-10/07
Old 04-19-2007, 11:08 AM

On our recent cruise on the Holiday, the passengers were primarily southern also. There was no pushing and shoving in the elevators or stairways, younger people were holding doors for older people, and no one was complaining about anything. Just an observation and nothing personal intended!
Old 04-19-2007, 12:40 PM

llev80
thanks for the invite. Im 48. if you want to party there is a cruise coming up in October that Im booked on Carnival's LIBERTY October 13th 2007. there is a plethera (sp) of people going and a whole bunch of single women. I got talked into it from another message board. cruisemates. com. there are groups of over 100 going...some call themselves sinners and saint's Ive been in contact with some on my myspace account (myspace) It's an 8 night cruise and should be a blast.

book it today
Old 04-20-2007, 04:25 AM

Mr.O, I was wondering when you go to Karaoke do you ever sing the song "Shameless"

Just kidding, hope things are going better at your work

IslandCruz

Closed Thread

Tags
2140, 40, 40yrs, ages, cruises, crusise, fun, gainesville, karaoke, line, mr, mroctober, october, show, years