Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-12-2007, 04:43 PM

Hey. I am going on my next cruise with my cousin, age 16. She will actually turn 16 about 2 weeks after the cruise... Anyway my question is has anyone ever known anyone who has gone to the Club O2. She is pretty shy and will most likely not want to go by herself but in case she does I wanted to find out about it. Also will it be safe for her to go off about the ship by herself if she should chooose to go a to teen activity. Also like in the karoke will she be allowed to go to it. I know we want to go and watch it and wanted to make sure she can come with me. This is her first cruise and her 16th birthday present and I want to make sure she has a good time. So any suggestions would be awesome. Thanks!

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-12-2007, 06:20 PM

Hi Tonya31,

We have a 17 year old son that has been on 4 Carnival Cruises and has enjoyed Club O2. The nice thing is that the age group is 15-17, where some cruise lines put kids 13-17 together.

The best thing for your cousin to do is go to the Club O2 meeting the first night. There she will meet other teens and get an itinerary of the weeks events. Our son has made friends the first night on every cruise. He has also stayed in contact with some that he has met.

As far as safety, I would not worry to much. She will be fine to go off by her self as long as she is onboard. And yes, she can go with you to Karoke.
Have a great cruise and I hope she has a very Sweet 16th.

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 08-12-2007, 06:45 PM
What a wonderful present....She will love it...

Happy Birthday and Happy Sailing...

Bob E
Old 08-12-2007, 07:31 PM

I just got off the Pride this morning and my kids both went with me: age 15 and 17. They both did a lot with Club O2 and met a lot of friends. They had a Meet-and-Greet that they enjoyed, they had dances and games, and a lot of activities that really are age-appropriate and not dumbed-down for kids. We also went to karaoke every day, and at least on our ship they had hours that were just for kids. I think it was not until 11pm that it was 18 and over. There will be lots to do and you will have lots of fun!
Old 08-12-2007, 09:41 PM

Thanks everyone. My only concern is that she is shy and she may not go off to the teen stuff on her own. I just want her to have a good time. If she doesn't its okay just wanted more info about the teen things so I could tell her about them. She seems to be very excited about it. We are flying to where we leave from. It is her first flight. One of her friends told me today they were going to come with us and hide in the suitcases...lol.... I am so excited. I want to take cruises on all my vacations. I told my boss I was working so I could cruise....lol Now my boss is taking on next year...

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-12-2007, 10:03 PM

My daughter is not a very social person when it comes to strangers, but she still had a good time. They will give you a schedule for the entire week. The 15-17 year olds do not have a "camp" area, they just meet at different places onboard for different events. So my daughter just looked at the schedule every day and went to whatever she wanted if she felt comfortable. I think they did a very good job with making sure everyone felt included and comfortable, even the shy ones.
Old 08-12-2007, 10:34 PM

sounds good. I will leave it up to her to decide.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-13-2007, 05:05 PM

Okay so I talked to my cousin and had our PVP sent me a sample of some of the activites and showed it to her and she is interested in some of them so I think she may go. Actually this morning she was looking at the Club 02 on the internet trying to find info about it.

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 08-13-2007, 05:19 PM

I am glad she is excited. My kids had gone to Camp Carnival a couple years ago (when they were in the older age spectrum) and spent five minutes before leaving - so they were not excited about Club O2. But we happened to pass by the room where they were signing the kids up and when they saw all the kids there and realized they were only their age, not little kids, they became very excited about it.

Apart from Club O2, my daughter also attended the towel folding class on the last day all by herself. It was put on by the housekeeping staff, who are some of the nicest people on the ship, and she had a great time. In fact, she spent most of dinner time that evening trying to fold her napkin into different shapes.
Old 08-13-2007, 07:00 PM

That's neat. I would actually like to go to a towel folding class. I read where they have shore excursions for the teenagers but I told her I wanted her to go with us on the excursions.

hey I have dumb question but what does DH, DW, DD, and DS stand for? i see people posting about their DH????

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, o2, reviews