Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-11-2006, 02:00 PM

We are sailing out of Galveston, Tx on the Conquest. I am looking for information about the ship from anyone that has traveled with them.

We are booking shoretrips, through a site called shoretrips.com and wondering if anyone has any experience with them as well.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-11-2006, 02:00 PM

We are sailing out of Galveston, Tx on the Conquest. I am looking for information about the ship from anyone that has traveled with them.

We are booking shoretrips, through a site called shoretrips.com and wondering if anyone has any experience with them as well.
Thanks in advance
Old 11-12-2006, 11:49 AM

The Conquest was our 1st cruise. It was great! You will have a great time.

Don't know anything about shoretrips, we booked ours through Carnival. The Mayan Ruins were awesome.
Old 11-12-2006, 01:34 PM

Monsie, thank you for the input. I am so ready to go on the cruise but with this being our first you just kinda don't know what to expect so all the info is helpful.

Thanks again
Old 11-12-2006, 01:55 PM
The Conquest is a GREAT Ship. We were a party of 14. Ages 10-55. There was something for everyone. Entertainment and food were OK. Grandson discovered the sushi bar. Never had it and since the Conquest LOVES it! The kids found the 24 hr ice cream station and probably had it 5 or 6 times a day. I loved the 24 hr pizza. So far the best I have had on a ship. Kids also loved room service. Every night they would order milk and cookies. They would send a dozen cookies and 4 glasses of cold milk. They were in heaven.

As for excursions, we went to Sunset Beach Resorts in Jamaica. Only about 1 mile from the ship. Driver took us and picked us up at the time we requested. He was waiting for us when we came out. It was $2.00 per person each way. It is now $40.00 adults and $20.00 kids to get in. All the alchohol and food you want and you get to use all their ammenities which include the beach, pools, hot tubs, water slides and water sports.
Food was great!

In Grand Caymen we booked through www.captainmarvins.com and also had a wonderful time. To watch my 6 year old grandson with a baby stingray was PRICELESS! Water is absoultely gorgeous. Make sure you buy a DVD. The music is beautiful that they put on it.

In Cozamel we swam with the dolphins. Another DVD. Then we drank margeritas at Fat Tuesdays by the dock on the beach sitting in bar swings. Much of this is gone since the hurricane.

This was by far the best cruise ever, having all my family with me.
Old 11-12-2006, 04:09 PM

SanDee,

How much did you pay for the Dolphin experience?.. where ?

We are in Conquest for Dec/31.
Old 11-12-2006, 06:07 PM

All this information is wonderful. I am getting so nervous about this cruise with what excursions to book. I guess the first cruise is the toughest since you don't know what to expect. I am sure we will have a wonderful time no matter what tho.

I am excited to hear about the cold milk and cookies...thats sounds great. I am looking forward to my coffee on the balcony in the mornings.

Our booking says we arrive in Montego Bay at 8am, is that ship time or Montego bay time? We would love to go on the Catamaran tour but it leaves at 9am island time and we arrive in port 8am. If 8am is ship time, we would arrive when the excursion departs, not sure how all this works.

Thanks in advance for all the info.
Old 11-12-2006, 09:33 PM
I believe we paid about $139.00 which included the $12.00 entry fee. This was actual swimming with the dolphins. The encounter you only touched them and learned about them. I am not sure the park is open. I know most was destoyed in the hurricane. Here is a link to the park.
http://www.can****ravel.com/chankanaab.asp
Check this website to. http://www.sanddollarsports.net/sd_chankanaab.php

I believe the ship tells you when to set you clocks forward and backward. I think they stay on island time. Carnival usually allows all passangers on their tours off first so 9am could be pushing it. I would contact the tour company. They will know if passangers get off in time.
Old 11-13-2006, 10:48 AM

Am I the only one on this board that is actually crusing Carnival Conquest on Dec. 3? I would really love to know if anyone else is crusing with us on that date

Closed Thread