Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-11-2007, 07:24 AM

Im Thinking of renting a tux from the cruise. Will it be in my cabin when I get there if I pre-book? Also is there any evening other than the formal ones that a jacket is mandatory?

Cheers

Daddy FTO
Old 03-11-2007, 07:32 AM

Checking to see if my cruise countdown thingy is working
Old 03-11-2007, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by DaddyFTO:
Im Thinking of renting a tux from the cruise. Will it be in my cabin when I get there if I pre-book? Also is there any evening other than the formal ones that a jacket is mandatory?

Cheers

Daddy FTO
DaddyFTO, I havn't rented but have some familirity with the Carnival Ships. It is my understanding that you need to get professional measurements, ( or do it yourself it you know how) and perorder at the web. Then you will go to the formal shop on board to pick it up. However it wouldn't surprise me to see it in your cabin either.
And even the formal nights are not mandatory but it is great fun to dress up and you will not be alone. I highly recomend it
Old 03-11-2007, 08:50 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Jaye:
I enjoy dressing up and was disapointed to see that on my 09/06 cruise on the Miracle, formal attire was scarce. I am 29 and wore a formal gown and felt way over-dressed. Most of the women wore party dresses. Like what you would wear to go to a night club. The older crowd was dressed formal, but that was about it. I took advantage of the opportunity and don't regret it, but did feel a bit out of place for my age group.
Jaye
Jaye, You would probably consider me as the older set, I'm 56 and I wear a full battle array Kilt on formal night, talk about being overdressed. But I still do it. My wife wears a formal gown and we love the attention we get. Keep wearing your gown.
Old 03-11-2007, 11:18 AM

Thanks everybody! I will continue to get dressed up in my gown because this is one of my only opportunities and part of the fun of the cruise experience. I did make several heads turn and have many beautiful photos to treasure.

I would say if you like to dress up.. GO FOR IT! You are on vacation to relax and have a blast!!!

Jaye

Carnival Sensation 02/2003
Carnival Miracle 09/2006
Carnival Inspiration 08/2007

Carnival Glory~08/2009
Old 03-11-2007, 04:50 PM

I have done away with tuxedos, except for weddings and since both kids are married that is just about that!

I would sooner wear the kilt in full regimental style then paste myself in a zoot. JMO
Old 03-11-2007, 04:52 PM
Banned

Regimental style translates to sans under garment?

I like your decision, Jaye. I like your decision, too, Chef Ken.
Old 03-11-2007, 05:25 PM

My son is going to the high school prom and then on the cruise, so I went on E-bay and bought him a complete tux for $ 100.00, cheaper than one rental , Just a thought then you own it

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 03-12-2007, 06:42 AM

Bem 1962,

Well you just can't beat that. Good for you, and good for your son.
Old 03-12-2007, 10:01 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by Bem1962:
My son is going to the high school prom and then on the cruise, so I went on E-bay and bought him a complete tux for $ 100.00, cheaper than one rental , Just a thought then you own it
That was a great decision, to buy him a TUX. I did that many years ago and find that I wear it about 3 times per year. The TuX dress shirt wore out and my local tux rental sold me a spare for $20. Why would anyone rent at $85 -$100 when so many are available for less. I bet he will find multiple uses later in life, like friends weddings, and when he gets his chance to conduct the symphony or something.

And yes full kilt in battle array includes the lack of undergarments. It can be very cool. But the kilt is 100% wool and surprisingly warm if you can keep it under you. (On the ships I cheat and wear boxers)

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, dresses, dubh, evening, eveningwear, gown, nice, nightclub, october, sgian, tuxedo, wear