Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2007, 08:37 AM

My husband and I will be going on a cruise in October. Do we have to wear an Evening Gown and Tux to the formal dinner, or can we just dress up and wear a nice dress and a suit?
Old 03-02-2007, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by "P":
My husband and I will be going on a cruise in October. Do we have to wear an Evening Gown and Tux to the formal dinner, or can we just dress up and wear a nice dress and a suit?
You can just Dress up nice. But why waste such a chance to dress to the nines
Old 03-02-2007, 08:54 AM
Administrator

No need for a tux and flowing gown. A nice dress for you and a suit for the gentleman is fine. As CruiseDad notes - it is an opportunity to get all dolled up, and the ships all have photographer stations set up in many locations on formal nights (actually they have them every night). It is a convenient way to get a nice photo taken in your formal attire.

Old 03-02-2007, 09:43 PM

You can dress up nice, you will want to look good setting at a table like this.

Old 03-03-2007, 09:41 PM

Ok, I understand the whole dress up thing... But for the gentlemen, is a suit coat required or is dress pants and a ironed button up shirt acceptable?? We are packing for 7 and am looking for the "less is more" concept. Would really be embarrassed at the door if they turned us away.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:00 PM
Banned

No you won't be turned away.

One of the most impressive suits I have seen on a cruise was a USMC in his dress uniform; the young man was stunning and his wife/girlfiend equally so.

I'm a jeans and teeshirt guy; even so, I'd feel a little cheated if I did'nt put on the monkey suit once or twice during the cruise. Pack the suit coat; he might regret not taking it.
Old 03-03-2007, 10:30 PM

I just got off the Spirit. I wore a suit or formal nights, and slacks and nice shirt on non formal night.
I saw guys in new jean and a nice shirt on non formal night and slack and a shirt on formal nights. No one was turned away.

Old 03-05-2007, 09:41 AM
Quote:
Originally posted by gdjoslin:
I just got off the Spirit. I wore a suit or formal nights, and slacks and nice shirt on non formal night.
I saw guys in new jean and a nice shirt on non formal night and slack and a shirt on formal nights. No one was turned away.
You can dress up in Tux and not have to bring it with you by renting a formal set from the formal shop. I think you have to arrange it in advance. You need to get a professional set of measurements and then go to WWW.Carnival.com to the Gifts tab and put in your order. $85 will get you a monkey suit for the entire cruise.
Old 03-10-2007, 09:48 PM

I enjoy dressing up and was disapointed to see that on my 09/06 cruise on the Miracle, formal attire was scarce. I am 29 and wore a formal gown and felt way over-dressed. Most of the women wore party dresses. Like what you would wear to go to a night club. The older crowd was dressed formal, but that was about it. I took advantage of the opportunity and don't regret it, but did feel a bit out of place for my age group.
Jaye

Carnival Sensation 02/2003
Carnival Miracle 09/2006
Carnival Inspiration 08/2007

Carnival Glory~08/2009
Old 03-10-2007, 09:53 PM
Banned

You know what? It' does not matter what others wear; it's all about you and your partner. I've worn the monkey suit, been over dressed, and was proud of it. Loosen the sphincsters!

Closed Thread

Tags
bring, caribbean, carnival, celebrity, cruise, cruises, dresses, dubh, evening, eveningwear, gown, nice, nightclub, october, sgian, tuxedo, wear