Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-29-2008, 01:34 PM

I've just read that the boarding time for Carnival in San Diego is 1:30pm.

Is it possible to board earlier? We were planning to get there around 11:30-noon for embarkation onto Carnival Spirit Nov 28th.
Our only other Carnival cruise was out of Vancouver and we arrived at about 1:30 and it took us 2 1/2 hours to board. It was our first cruise and we didn't know any better. Since then we've had very good luck boarding in less than half an hour when we arrived around noon.

Can anybody tell me if that is a good idea or a bad idea in San Diego? Thanks always for your experience-based help. m--
Old 10-29-2008, 03:16 PM
Usually they will let you board if the ship is ready......Rooms, food, and all the passengers are off the ship....I've been able to board on a few ships around 11:30, but that was unusual...They have such a short time span to get it ready for oncoming passengers....I guess you would have to show up early and hope:-)
But no matter what, you will get on the ship.
Happy sailing...

Bob E
Old 10-29-2008, 06:54 PM

We have done that cruise twice. Once we boarded at 12:00, the other time it was around 1:00

Old 11-05-2008, 09:04 PM

Thanks Gary. Sorry for the delayed response... we've been traveling cross-country by RV.

I guess we'll try to get to the pier parking lot around 11:30 and hope for the best. We'll be driving in from Yuma that morning. At least it's usually good weather in San Diego, so if we have to hang around outside it shouldn't be too uncomfortable.

Hope you had a great time!!
Old 11-05-2008, 09:18 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by RMLincoln:
Thanks Gary. Sorry for the delayed response... we've been traveling cross-country by RV.

I guess we'll try to get to the pier parking lot around 11:30 and hope for the best. We'll be driving in from Yuma that morning. At least it's usually good weather in San Diego, so if we have to hang around outside it shouldn't be too uncomfortable.

Hope you had a great time!!
We had a great time. We have friends who live in Prescott, they own a lot of some sort in Yuma. It might had a shed on it but mainly they park their 5th wheel there. Hope you had fun RVing. we have not seen to many in our area this year. We have friends park at our place now and then, we have a couple of 30amp hunkups... was suppose to be 50's and the contractor made a mistake.

Have fun on your cruise.

Closed Thread

Tags
board, boarding, bording, carnival, cruise, diego, early, liner, location, san, ship, spirit, spirt, time, times