After we first read reports of it here I looked over at the Carnival Connections site. There are messages over there about this being a recent thing and they even quoted a price of $27 or so including the 15% gratuity.
Fun Ship Card Program (Drink of the Day Deal)
Fun Ship Cards, which allow the purchase of multiple Daily Specials/Tropical Cocktails at a discounted price, are available for purchase by guests on all cruises from all bar locations.
· The "Fun Ship Card" is a discount card which allows the guest an opportunity to enjoy a variety of daily tropical drink specials at a discounted price.
· The Fun Ship Card is sold for $23.00 + gratuities
· With the card, the guest will receive:
1 Daily Special Tropical Cocktail served in a Souvenir Hurricane Glass (first drink ordered with the card)
4 Daily Special Tropical Cocktails served in standard glass
· Daily Special Tropical Cocktails included in the card are:
Fun Ship Special
· Fun Ship Cards may be purchased anytime during the cruise.
· The Fun Ship Card has 5 drink glasses printed on the back. One of the printed drink glasses will be punched for each drink ordered. The card is no longer valid when all five printed drink glasses are punched.
· The Fun Ship Card may be presented at any bar location or the main dining room to receive an included daily Tropical Cocktail.
· Tropical Cocktails may be redeemed all at once or one at a time.
Thanks Dave. I read the messages on carnival connections recently too. I couldn't find anything official though. That doesn't sound like it could be that much of a savings. Maybe 15 - 20%? Every little bit helps though.
I guess Carnival is banking on people not using all the card. Plus it is just one "big" drink and the others are small sized, although I suspect some bartenders might be more generous if you are friendly with them.
It isn't worth it to me. I am not a "drink of the day" guy anyway. Rum and coke or beer are my usual choices, although I do like Bahama Mamas but not as a routine thing.
I wish they would have a "bucket of beer" of the day card. I rarely drink the DOD's. It is a cruise ritual to get a banana daiquiri the last day of the cruise though. The Yellow Bird drink is pretty tasty on a hot sea day I have to admit.
Just my 2 cents, but when I read all the posts, I was thinking, at least for me... and anyone like me lol
I would buy this card on day one, and use it, because I am not a big drinker, and I tend to stick to things I already know. Like Beer, or Rum and Coke...
If I were to buy this card, I would be, in a way, persuaded to try something new... and who knows I might even like it
I am scottish at heart, so I would definatly use ALL 5 drinks on my card lol Even if I had to offer it to a friend!
The drink card is a great idea. I'm not a heavy duty drinker either, but I love trying the dod's. There are a few that sound yummy on the list. Looks like I'll have to book another Carnival cruise to check it out