Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Best cruise for anniversaries (Caribbean) (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/35824-best-cruise-anniversaries-caribbean.html)

DetectiveMom 04-04-2006 08:54 AM

Does anyone have any suggestion for a romantic cruise in the Caribbean for an anniversary? We are looking at Carnival since we are on a budget. Any advice would be appreciated!

DetectiveMom 04-04-2006 08:54 AM

Does anyone have any suggestion for a romantic cruise in the Caribbean for an anniversary? We are looking at Carnival since we are on a budget. Any advice would be appreciated!

swimmersonboard 04-04-2006 09:33 AM

We are going on The Miracle next April and renewing our vows. It has a chapel and their price for renewal was affordable. We decided to book a Cat 11 suite since it was our 15 year anniversary. I begged to take our three older kids so we are doing western Carribean but I think Eastern Carribean would be beautiful and very romantic for an anniversary.

DetectiveMom 04-04-2006 10:02 AM

We are looking at going next spring for our cruise... departing either March 31 or April 1.

So you recommend Carnival? For our honeymoon we went on Royal Caribbean and it was horrible. Horrible food, bad tours in the ports....just bad all around. I swore I'd never go on another cruise...but hubby talked me into another cruise line for our 5 year anniversary.

farmerjohn 04-04-2006 11:16 PM

You may want to check out Princess or Celebrity. Often their prices are not much more than Carnival.

NancyN 04-05-2006 07:03 AM

Detective Mom,
If you are looking for a romantic cruise March 31 or April 1 next year please do NOT go on Carnival. Not that I don't enjoy Carnvial cruises, but that is Spring Break and there will be more children onboard than adults. If you were disapointed in your Royal Caribbean experience, I don't think you will be much happier with Carnival. I agree with Farmer John. In fact, I would think at that time of year your best bet would be one of Celebrities older ships (they are often bargain priced AND do not attract as many families). JMHO.
Nancy

penny3333 04-05-2006 07:41 AM

I agree with Nancy, Celebrity or Princess would be the way to go, especially with the spring break influx. I highly recommend the Dawn, Sea and Sun Princess ships, they are not as large as the newer Princess ships. We have been on the Sea twice, the Dawn once and the Sun once. We'll be back on the Sun in October. We've never had a bad experience, the food has always been wonderful (the Sea and the Dawn were better than the Sun-but could have been the chef at that time), the service has been excellent, the crews have been friendly. Of course, a great part of it is our frame of mind. We love the caribbean, snorkeling and warm weather AND NOT BEING AT WORK. Some friends of mine did Celebrity for their wedding and totally enjoyed it as well. Happy Anniversary.

Gary Mac 04-05-2006 08:32 AM

We did our honeymoon on NCL back in '79. Our 5th anniversary was also on NCL. Our 10th, 15th and 20th were on Royal. Our 25th was on Princess. We also did two family cruises, one on RCI Explorer and one on the Carnival Glory. We leave on the 15th on the Carnival Triumph for a quasi family trip.

Of all the cruises, the best were our 15th and 20th both on the RCI Majesty. It had the best food and service and were the most romantic. The Princess was a close third. IMO the smaller ships have better food and service.

I am not saying the other cruises were bad, they were all great. For families, the mega ships are best. For anniversaries the smaller ships IMO are better.

After all is said I guess if you had a bad experience on RCI I would recommend Princess since I have no experience on Celebrity.

DetectiveMom 04-05-2006 10:10 AM

Great! Thanks everyone so much! http://cruise-chat.com/groupee_commo...icon_smile.gif

jrowell24 04-05-2006 03:13 PM

Now, we went last year on our 10th anniversary on Carnival Glory. We went the "Spring Break" week, April 2 - 9. We didn't find it that bad. No big parties that you couldn't find a romantic spot. We enjoyed it so much, we are taking the 4 kids during the same week next year Mar. 31 - Apr 7.