Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-26-2003, 06:12 AM

Are they useful on a cruise ship? Are they allowed by the cruise lines? I am sailing on the Carnival Destiny on January 4, 2004 and I am considering to bring walkie talkies with me to be in contact with my wife and kids while we are in the ship and when we go out of it. Any coments or advises??

Thanks

Mr_Destiny
Old 11-26-2003, 06:12 AM

Are they useful on a cruise ship? Are they allowed by the cruise lines? I am sailing on the Carnival Destiny on January 4, 2004 and I am considering to bring walkie talkies with me to be in contact with my wife and kids while we are in the ship and when we go out of it. Any coments or advises??

Thanks

Mr_Destiny
Old 11-26-2003, 12:13 PM

Yes they are allowed on the ships. I have seen many use them. Sometimes people have trouble using them in certain areas of the ship due to the metal or electrical systems of the ship.

Do not be surprised if you get a few dirty looks from some people who find them irritating. Its true they can be useful to keep in contact but it does bother some people.
Old 11-26-2003, 02:46 PM

Thanks for your reply! I will try to keep the volume low. Anyway, I find them very useful to keep in contact with my kids,or my wife if we are on diferent areas of the ship, and when we get out to the islands.

Thank you!

Mr_Destiny
Old 05-19-2005, 01:27 PM

sounds like a good idea the walking talkies.....
Old 05-19-2005, 02:05 PM

The wife and I use them to keep each other out of trouble....
Old 05-19-2005, 02:07 PM

okay david you sound like an expert to cruise..hey tell me how do i start a post here what do click on???
Old 05-19-2005, 02:33 PM

Instead of clicking on the topic button on the right side of the screen, look to the left, the forum heading, Carnival, etc., click on one you want to post in. Then look at the tabs at the top, click on new. Under that click on discussion. In the pop-up box, put a title, and fill in the box, press enter, and you are on your way!

David Landry
Old 05-19-2005, 03:06 PM
I'll be honest - I was one of those people who was irritated with the walkie talkies on board - along with being irritated with those who needed to whip out their cell phones the minute we hit port (they couldn't wait until they stepped on dry land!). If you use your "toys", do be prepared for stares, glares and other forms of rudeness. Forwarned is forarmed....
Old 05-19-2005, 04:16 PM

Our last four cruises have been taken with my wife's mother in her last days, and almost impossible for the wife to get away in the first place. My wife spends all her off time at the hospital or nursing home. So your rudeness is the least of our worries.

David Landry

Closed Thread

Tags
allowed, bring, carnival, contact, cruise, good, idea, kids, ship, ships, takies, talkies, wakie, walkie, walkietalkies