Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-15-2008, 10:09 AM

I am booked on a 5 day cruise in January (Fascination) to Key West & Nassau (2 Fun Day at Sea days) and have some general questions.
1. How is the weather in January, warm enough for shorts & tank tops?
2. Is there only 1 formal night or 2?
3. What are they "have to" do's in Key West (I've been to Nassau twice but never Key West)?
Thanks a bunch!!!!
Old 05-15-2008, 10:51 AM

1. Yes, usually. Cold fronts do blow through once in a while, but normally, it's nice.
2. 1
3. Bar hop, Mallory Square, Blonde Giraff for key lime pie, the museums.
Take a look in the Port Chat Section by using the Find feature, in the upper left hand corner and typing in Key West. It will pull up all the posts about Key West. It's a great port for people watching. Walk up and down Duvall Street and you'll see what I mean. Congratulations on your upcoming cruise!
Old 05-15-2008, 02:38 PM

LindaLou,

TAKE ME WITH YOU! Key West and Nassau are two of my favorite places to visit. I lived in Key West for about 13 years, so every time I go back, I ride the Conch Train (or some prefer the Trolley) and it will give you a great overview of the Island. The tour operators are very informative and if you see something you like, you can return for a more in-depth visit. You won't have much time in Key West, but you will enjoy it.

A stroll on Duval Street is always an event and lots of people to watch! There are several little places right at Mallory Square to shop for gifts and lots of places to sample the local fare. Sit outside and sip a Pina Colada or Mojito and enjoy the Island, relax.

Wear shorts (take a light jacket) and a hat and sunscreen if you tend to burn. Even if you arrive on a cold day (less than 70 degrees!) you will burn in the sun.

Have a great time!

Mary

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 05-16-2008, 05:28 AM

I don't know how you could have left, Mary. Key West is one of my favorite places. I was born and raised in Ft. Lauderdale, and we'd go to the keys often. Most of the time, we'd stay in the upper keys and dive. But, when we'd have a long weekend, we'd stay in Key West. I think they would have had to have restrained me to get me out of there if I had lived there.
Old 05-16-2008, 05:41 AM

We really enjoyed Key West. Lots of shops to look in. My husband likes Sloppy Joes, which is a bar, restaurant. The food is excellent as is the atmosphere.

Read and post cruise reviews

Old 05-16-2008, 11:12 PM

Key West is a favorite port of mine too. Have not been there in Janurary though. The average temps show around 70 degrees.

Mary, I met a really nice retired couple on a cruise to Key West once that use to live there. They said it got too expensive for them.

Dwayne

Closed Thread