Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-13-2006, 11:38 AM

We are thinking of taking a cruise the end of Dec. My hubby's 30th b-day is Dec 24, and I thought this would be a great way to celebrate. Missing the holiday's isn't a big deal, so no problem there, just wondering how the weather and islands would be in the Caribbean that time of year. Any other advice about that time of year would be great too.
Old 07-13-2006, 12:20 PM

Absolutely beautiful, in the 80s during the day and the low 70s at night. The water is still in the low 80s, I wear a wet suit because I'm a weenie, but everyone else is fine. The price of the cruises go up during that time, but since booking ours for the 23rd, I've received all kinds of emails for special deals. (Of course, I've already paid for ours.) It's really fun to see palm trees decorated for Christmas. To me, the Caribbean islands are always wonderful. Our cruise in October is for my hubby's birthday, our Christmas cruise is because I don't want to have to cook and clean over the holidays (Good excuse). Hope you have a marvelous time!!
Old 07-13-2006, 06:10 PM

I did a December cruise in 2003 - when we left Galveston it was cold (50's) and gray. By the time we woke up the next morning it was beautiful and warm! We visited Cozumel and Calica and the temperature was in the 80's. The only drawback is the price - we paid a lot more because it was in between Christmas and New Years...

Closed Thread