Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-16-2008, 02:12 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by tncruiseman:
Thanks for the post LHP and Al! I wonder if they will have the carpets replaced by our cruise 10/27. Were there flat screen tvs in the cabins? On our last Fantasy cruise, they had an deck area under the funnel roped off because of blowing oil from exhaust, or something similar. Did you notice anything like that? I was really looking forward to seeing a shiny classic ship! Maybe they'll have her all fixed by then...but I doubt it. This "crisis" has everyone cutting back on everything except essentials.
I did not notice anything like oil and exhaust.

I want to go on 10/27....don't you want to adopt me!!!

Jabee (on Cruise Critic) (from Tuscalosa sp? Alabama) is going to be on your sailing and he is the King of Karaoke.

I have never sailed with him but he says he rocks. I would love to hear it.
Old 10-16-2008, 04:42 PM

LHP come on and go! I wish I could adopt you but my plate is pretty full right now as it is! If this trip wasn't already paid for, we probably wouldn't be going, but we are going to enjoy it as if it is going to be our last!
Old 10-16-2008, 07:09 PM
Banned

Quote:
LHP come on and go! I wish I could adopt you but my plate is pretty full right now as it is! If this trip wasn't already paid for, we probably wouldn't be going, but we are going to enjoy it as if it is going to be our last!
Well...all I can say is you are going to LOVE the music!!

Rob C in the piano bar is a HOOT!! When he talks he reminds me of Joe Pesci. (You know, the guy from Lethal Weapon.) Very talented and a genuinely nice guy.

Michael is the Atrium soloist is just cool. Loved his music. It was a surprise to see Carnival start using 2 soloist on the Fantasy class ships.

Robbin is the Promenade soloist. He said he used to play with The Youngbloods. Oddly enough, his "instrument" is the bass. I have never seen a promenade soloist do that. I have seen them use the keys, acoustic guitar, electric guitar...but never a bass. He plays a Steinberger....but I don't know which one. The neck looked wider than the Synapse or Spirit.

Music Manilla ROCKED. They are so tight. It is amazing. And of course karaoke was fabulous.

I did not want to get off the ship!!!!

If you pop into karaoke, tell Rozwin that Cher from the Legend said HI!!! I will see him in January.

You are going to have such a great cruise!!!
Old 10-17-2008, 08:22 AM

I am so ready to leave RIGHT NOW! I think I know Rob from the piano bar already and you are right..he is great. We'll be doing al the live music venues and appreciate the heads-up! DO you remember if "Stan-the-Man" from Biloxi (via India) is still the Maitre'd? He has been on that ship forever and the best Maitre'd we have ever experienced.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:50 AM
Banned

Quote:
I am so ready to leave RIGHT NOW! I think I know Rob from the piano bar already and you are right..he is great. We'll be doing al the live music venues and appreciate the heads-up! DO you remember if "Stan-the-Man" from Biloxi (via India) is still the Maitre'd? He has been on that ship forever and the best Maitre'd we have ever experienced.
Yes Stan was there. On our cruise he was in the Jubilee...but I think they swap dining rooms from time to time.
Old 10-17-2008, 09:58 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Alblancher:
Hi LHP,

Yes I knew you where on board but I didn't even know my cousin was on the boat until I ran into her at the disembarkation line!

That is WILD!!!

So sorry we did not get to meet. I lived in karaoke. (which is normal for me)....so folks can always find me there in my navy Nike pants and polo shirt

( I am sooo boring. Nike pants and polo shirts are all I ever wear ~~ except to the formal dining room).

I always have my thin red lanyard with my Sail and Sign card around my neck.

Karaoke was a blast. Kim (KH) and I had so much fun. The last night we were doing duets that I have never done before.

And as usual there was my signature song where (on the last night) I get ladies on the stage who have NEVER done karaoke at all to be the Pips for Midnight Train to Georgia. That is my favorite thing to do.
Old 11-05-2008, 07:48 AM
Banned

They are getting much better was ther and returned we were in Progreso on Monday along side the exstacy. The smell is gone guys. However you have to be very careful in Progreso this is a small town with the big boys attitude and some are very sneaky we visited one resturant on the strip called Buddys Bar spent the whole day with are group of 35 spent about 650 dollars there and the drinks were good however the food was bad. The service sucked. And we were hounded all day with the mullet boy whom attemped to keep bringing us horrible free shots that tasted of blue sugar water with sprite. At the end of the day we were ready to pay our bill and the servers tried and did make us pay a 15% tax for sitting on the beach. After leaving we went to the port office to find out there are no tax its was a tip us not knowing this cause its in spanish tip another 20% on top of this meaning another 35% added onto a 650 bill we tip the waiter about 200 dollars on the bill because they lied to us. There are larger resturants there and we were told when we return go to those they are a alot more honest. So beware of mullet boy a long haired gringo and his ma Buddys bar
Old 11-05-2008, 08:16 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by the family guy rob:
They are getting much better was ther and returned we were in Progreso on Monday along side the exstacy. The smell is gone guys. However you have to be very careful in Progreso this is a small town with the big boys attitude and some are very sneaky we visited one resturant on the strip called Buddys Bar spent the whole day with are group of 35 spent about 650 dollars there and the drinks were good however the food was bad. The service sucked. And we were hounded all day with the mullet boy whom attemped to keep bringing us horrible free shots that tasted of blue sugar water with sprite. At the end of the day we were ready to pay our bill and the servers tried and did make us pay a 15% tax for sitting on the beach. After leaving we went to the port office to find out there are no tax its was a tip us not knowing this cause its in spanish tip another 20% on top of this meaning another 35% added onto a 650 bill we tip the waiter about 200 dollars on the bill because they lied to us. There are larger resturants there and we were told when we return go to those they are a alot more honest. So beware of mullet boy a long haired gringo and his ma Buddys bar
Glad the Fantasy is getting better and better with each cruise.

Sorry to hear about Progresso. We have only been there one time and IF it is still the stop in January...we won't even get off the ship.

Thanks for the warning!!
Old 11-05-2008, 02:23 PM
Administrator

Unfortunately, the family guy rob is spamming the board to promote their own business and slam the competition - also using another account as Barbie45. So these accounts have been banned, and I encourage everyone to ignore this person's posts. The user is in Merida, Mexico.

Adios, amigo.
Old 11-05-2008, 05:17 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally posted by Dave Beers:
Unfortunately, the family guy rob is spamming the board to promote their own business and slam the competition - also using another account as Barbie45. So these accounts have been banned, and I encourage everyone to ignore this person's posts. The user is in Merida, Mexico.

Adios, amigo.
Thanks DAVE...

consider him/her or IT...ignored!!!!

What a shame that you have to waste your time dealing with JUNK like this. But then after being to Progresso...I can not say I am surprised!!!

Closed Thread

Tags
adults, bad, bingo, buddys, carnival, complaints, cruise, fantasy, host, karaoke, kim, line, rozwin, smell, young