Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-25-2006, 09:53 PM

I guess you could say now i've done it. My daughter and I have been shopping for the past 2 days for our trip, got some capris & swimsuits yesterday, and formal gowns today. Honey was acting strange when he came in, he has been for 2 days counting today. Turns out he's upset because he feels left out. Any ideas on how I can fix my mistake and make him feel better? Didn't buy him anything because he kept saying he needed to go through and see what shorts and things he could still wear so he would know how many to buy. Didn't get him any shirts yet, because they are all cut different, and I didn't want to wind up with the wrong size. Any ideas on how to make this better?
Old 04-26-2006, 04:36 AM

Bubbles1209

Get him a sweet card or make on the computer that says, "I'm sorry if I hurt your feelings but......" and get him a gift card to his favorite store. You might want to add a statement in the card as follows, " here is a card to get you something sexy for our cruise to wear for me, or here is a card to your favorite store so you can pick something out to wear on the curise "just for me" Sorry I hurt your feelings, we'll go together and we'll make it a date." You get the poit. I'm sure that will smooth things over and you will be able to get back to packing with no one upset. Hope this helps. Have fun on your cruise.

Hope

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-26-2006, 06:39 AM

Hope has a great idea, a "date" should make him happy. Maybe add a lunch or dinner as well. It's great that he wants to be included in buying clothes, my husband nearly growls when I drag him into a store. Enjoy your cruise!!
Old 04-26-2006, 07:56 AM

Heres a male point of view. If he's feeling left out it's because he was left out, but what man wants to go shopping,,, lady shopping. Now that your shopping is done tell him its now time to go and shop for him. Tell him you knew it would take forever for you to pick out what you wanted and you didn't want to take him away from what he had to do, but now you need him and his time because he has to pick out what he likes and they must be in the same color scheme that you will be wearing. If you are wearing pink shorts and white top, he must wear pink top and white pants, lots of couples do that on cruises. That will get him into some very bright caribbean colors, He may object to the yellows and the baby blues but tell him that was part of your plan from the start and have lots of laughs when he have to try to find pink and yellow shorts, it will be fun. Good luck!!!!!
Old 04-26-2006, 08:00 AM

From a man's perspective....you said something that made me think he has changed size (gained weight?) Maybe he felt a little left out because he needs new clothes and you gals got to spend $ on new clothes and they made you look all pretty and such. Maybe he just needs a little confirmation that he looks nice, and new clothes DO make a guy feel good! A shopping date sounds good to me...and tell him he looks nice when he trys on something that fits well.

Closed Thread