Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-22-2005, 08:35 AM

Hello all, I know Wilma is still pounding the Yucatan at this time but if anybody gets a hold of any changes that will effect the oct 23rd or 30th (I'm on this one ) Conquest itinaries would you please post them for me...Happy Cruising...Thanks......W. White
Old 10-23-2005, 11:37 AM

W- We are on the Conquest 10-30-05 and are also concerned about the Cozumel stop since it (Cozumel) was hammered by Hurricane Wilma I do not know if they will dock there with the loss of power, etc. If you go to the Carnival's main page web site at http://www.Carnival.com towards the bottom right side there is an update from Carnival. Click on the Weather Update one and it will give you the changes to itinearies.

Hope this helps!
Debbi
Old 10-24-2005, 02:59 AM

Thanks Debbi for the info. I will check out the site and if you hear anything further please post it if you have time and I will do the same. And no matter what I cant wait till Sunday W. White
Old 10-24-2005, 10:28 AM

Noticed yesterday afternoon on Carnival's site that the Conquest has canceled its stop in Cozumel for this weeks' cruise (Left port Sunday Oct 23). No mention as to where they might do an alternate stop or just float around the Gulf for another day.
Old 10-25-2005, 02:57 AM

Debbi I noticed the same thing. I'm going to give it a day or two and get in contact with my cruise rep from carnival and see if she will be able to let me know what next week looks like and if the Cozumel stop has been replaced with anything....Again, either way about 5 days left
Old 10-25-2005, 09:20 AM

I called Carnival yesterday and asked about the Cozumel stop. The only info they would give was that they are waiting to hear from the Mexican government on how long it will be before cruise ships will be able to port there. They said that those who can't will probably have another Mexican port instead.
According to what I've read on here and other web sites, I would assume it will be for some time. It seems that Carnival's pier is completely destroyed.
Old 10-25-2005, 09:36 AM

Yes, all reports indicate that Puerta Maya is gone. You might want to visit the thread in the Caribbean Chat Forum regarding the damage that Cozumel has suffered: http://cruise-chat.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/436109644...411010361#8411010361. We are posting reports as they are made available.

As for the change of itinerary on the Conquest: We are also closely monitoring that information and as soon as Carnival releases any info we will post it on this forum. But, for now, it apears the Carnival is using Veracruz, Costa Maya and Progreso as the alternative (depending on the other ports that are already part of the itinerary).

Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
brandon, carnival, conquest, hurricane, october, progreso, wilma