Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-22-2005, 01:13 PM

Here is the latest update from Carnival regarding ships arriving and departingfrom Galveston this week-end:

"We are currently evaluating our plans for Galveston this weekend. We do not expect to make a decision on the required itinerary changes until Friday afternoon. However, the Elation cruise on Saturday, September 24 and the Carnival Conquest cruise on Sunday, September 25 will not depart Galveston before Monday, September 26.

In addition, the Elation September 19 cruise and the Carnival Conquest September 18 cruise will not arrive back into Galveston until Monday, September 26 at the earliest."

I will post any new announcements as they come available.
Nancy

Free Cruise Tickers
Old 09-22-2005, 01:28 PM

Thanks Nancy. What do you think about my cruise? We leave on Oct 2 on the Conquest. If the Conquest for Sunday departs late, will that interfere in our departure? I have no idea, and the people at Carnival do not seem to know either.
Old 09-22-2005, 01:46 PM

IŽve heard on the german news two hours ago, that the people think, that Galveston will be destroyed within the next days.
I didŽnt knew, that Galveston is on an island. But they showed an animation, that they suspect, that this island completely will be overfloaded.

I hope, that these prognoses are not becoming true. Thank god, they evacuated most of the people.

Best wishes to all of them.

Marita (I hope coming to Galveston on november 26th with the Splendour)

Old 09-22-2005, 02:59 PM

Rita is veering east-northeast now and looks to miss Galveston by anywhere from 60-??? miles. This would be a good thing for the port...
Old 09-22-2005, 03:00 PM

Quote:
Originally posted by NancyN:
I will post any new announcements as they come available.
Nancy
Thanks Nancy...sorry I duplicated efforts...
Old 09-22-2005, 03:17 PM

Galveston is still in trouble. This is a very big hurricane, and the island will still get very heavy wind and probably heavy rain. The size of the storm surge will depend on when the hurricane hits, as it can be greatly affected by the tide. (Hurricane Katrina hit New Orleans around high tide, making things even worse.)

The cruise lines will keep the ships out to sea and away from danger as long as they feel they need to. There is no way to predict exactly when and where the hurricane will go; as a result, the cruise lines can't really plan anything definite yet. Hang tight, everyone.
Old 09-23-2005, 05:34 AM

Karen: do you think the cruise lines will suffer from a drop in demand next hurricane season?
Old 09-23-2005, 07:16 AM

I know the question was to Karen but we were just talking about that yesterday. It seems that surely they would. I sure don't want a hurricane season trip again next year. Ours is still a month away but I am antsy. If anything I would like the carribbean ititeniares(sp) would be not as full.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996
Old 09-23-2005, 10:19 AM

I know! I agree totally. With five kids (well, probably only four will go again as #1 son is going on Freedom next summer with his grandparents- LUCKY HIM!) it isn't just a rescheduled cruise with onboard credit- it's airfare, scheduled time, yadda yadda yadda.

I don't know if this is happening to anyone else out there, but my kids are getting really traumatized by all of the coverage. If we were going on a cruise now they would probably be afraid to go. Also, if the cruise were to be canceled or delayed because of a hurricane it would make it far more real to them.
Old 09-23-2005, 12:52 PM

As promised, here is the latest bulletin (9/23 at 2:00 PM) from Carnival regarding the Conquest and the Elation:

The Carnival Conquest September 18 cruise will return to Galveston on Tuesday, September 27.

The Elation September 19 cruise will return to Galveston on Tuesday, September 27.

The Carnival Conquest cruise scheduled to depart on September 25 will now be changed to a 5 Day cruise departing on Tuesday, September 27. The cruise will visit Progreso and Cozumel. Guests booked on the 7 Day cruise that sail on the new 5 Day cruise will receive a 30% refund and a $50 per person onboard credit.

The Elation cruise scheduled to depart on September 24 will now be changed to a 2 Day cruise to nowhere departing on Tuesday, September 27. Guests booked on the 5 Day cruise that sail on the 2 Day cruise will receive a new cruise fare ($99 to $199 per person based on stateroom type) and a refund equal to the difference between the cruise fare paid for the 5 Day cruise and the new cruise fare. In addition, they will receive a 25% discount on a future 3 to 5 Day Carnival cruise departing prior to December 15, 2006.

Free Cruise Tickers

Closed Thread

Tags
18, 19, carnival, conquest, cruise, cruises, galveston, hurricane, june, latest, reviews, season, sept, ship, ships, update