Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2005, 09:02 AM

My two daughters' dance teams are talking about participating in the Dancin At Sea Program. We would cruise in February on the Sensation from New Orleans. My question is about quad cabins. Are they different than regular cabins? How so? I only sailed with my husband once before on the RCI Majesty of the Seas. Those cabins are small but we didn't care, we only slept there! Just curious on FOUR people in a small space. How are the sleeping arrangements? Thanks for the info!
Old 07-06-2005, 12:54 PM

I don't know about 4 teenage girls. YIKES. But we just got back from a cruise and we had Hubby, me our 15 yr old, our 12 yr. old and our 5 year old. A wee bit cramped but we only slept there.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Sovereign of the Seas 4/07
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 07-06-2005, 02:53 PM

Well actually it would only be myself and three other girls. Four people, not five. How are the beds arranged? Is this room the same size as regular double occupancy rooms?
Old 07-06-2005, 04:52 PM

Ours was set up with the two regular twins (extrememly comfy beds) and then there were two murphy bunk beds that the steward put up every morning and put down every night for us to maximize space. The they brought a mattress in and set it in the little bit of free space we had left right on the floor..which was perfect for us b/c at home our 5 yr old still has a rail so we didn't have to worry about her rolling off the bed. I won't mislead you. it was cramped... we had enough room to walk into the area where the dresser was and into the bathroom..but we could go no further into the room..but I really didn't care we were there for 3 days and didn't spend any time in there.. I was an early early riser so I got ready each morning at 5:45 and went upstairs and then I would come down every hour or hour and 1/2 and as the kids got up (the boys readied themselves) and I got the little one ready. I had put all of their clothes in ziplock bags prior to the trip including underwear and socks..so I could actually lay their clothes out rapidly and they didn't have to think about it at all.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 07-12-2005, 11:37 AM

Hmm.. sounds a little tight in there... do you think I will have fun traveling with four sons next month? I am a Mom, btw! Boys are 15, 13, 11 and 7. I can only imagine that it will be a sea of people and beds in there. It will be easier for me in a way because all of them are old enough to look after themselves pretty well. What ship were you on? And did you do any laundry aboard?
Old 07-12-2005, 12:57 PM

We were on the Fantasy 3 day to the bahamas. It worked ok for us since it was such a short cruise..no one really wanted to be in the cabin. We were all doing different things most of the time and therefore bathed etc when people were out. Sometimes at dinner the boys would get ready and head up to dinner and then I would meet them there and that gave me a few minutes with the cabin to myself. Lucky for us Me and the 5 yr old were the only girls and I took a hairdryer, iron, and curling iron and never used any of them I showered at 5;45am when everyone was sleeping and went up and sat on deck and let the ocean breeze dry it. And I just didn't fix it..it would have been a mess by the end of the day anyway.
On a longer cruise I probably would have been irratated by the end with the tight spaces. ziplocking their clothes was fabulous because for my daughter everything fit and i just grabbed it (they were labeled) and ran her into the bathroom and done! the boys have bigger clothes so we put the socks uw and tshirt in and a note on it what pants they wanted to wear. then if I had time I could lay out clothes the night before,even for the 15 year old b/c he had chosen his outfits before we left home and they were marked.
We didn't need to do any laundry. Although I think it was available.

Carnival Fantasy 6/05
RCCL Navigator 12/07
RCCL Navigator 11/08
RCCL Liberty 7/4/09
Old 07-12-2005, 06:32 PM

For our cruise on THE GLORY our three children stayed with their godmother in a quad and it was REALLY cramped! They would frequently get their clothes on and come up to our room with a balcony to hang out with a little extra space. For our cruise April 06, I reserved a balcony room for the 4 kids directly across the hall from our outer room with a balcony. Not sure I would want to stay in a quad though b/c inorginization is my PET PEEZE and for me anyway I think I would get stressed out. I also went down every night and laid out the kids clothes and helped them try to keep things organized but the rooms are cramped.
Naviagator of the Seas Mar 07
Sovereign of Seas Oct 06
Carnival Glory March 2005
Nordic Empress 1996

Closed Thread

Tags
america, cabin, carnival, cruise, holland, inside, interior, kids, picture, pictures, princess, quad, room, rooms, sensation