Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-12-2006, 10:54 PM

I'm a little concerned. I just read a review from someone who just returned from a Holiday cruise and stated the air conditioning did not work, and raw sewage. Just wondering if anyone else has returned from a Carnival Holiday cruise. This is our first time on a cruise. We were suppose to go in Nov, on the Sensation, but had to reschedule. This will be a family vacation with our 2 and 4 year old. Any tips on entertainment for the younger children. Also any comments about Camp Carnival on the Holiday?
Old 04-13-2006, 02:22 AM

jimnang,

welcome to Cruise-Chat.com.

Two of our users have just returned from the "Holiday" and report they had a fabulous time. Read about their impressions here.

Raoul Fiebig

Old 04-13-2006, 06:11 AM
Administrator

jimnang,

The Holiday is Carnival's oldest and smallest vessel. With that, there are some things that cannot compare to newer ships. The children's facilities are not too large but the youth staff is excellent. Maintaining air conditioning in the buffet restaurant is a constant battle for the crew - mostly because of constant traffic which keeps the doors open. Water pressure and water temperature can vary depending on the time of day. It is a 20 year old ship and despite periodic refurbishments some things just can't be fixed. We have never had a problem with the cabin air conditioning.

All of that said, if you go into a Holiday cruise with your expectations properly set then you will have a good cruise. The Holiday is what cruising used to be before all the megaships came down the ways. It has the feel of a ship and not a luxury hotel. You can get just about anywhere on the ship in just a couple minutes. The dining rooms put out some very good food and have gracious waiters. Indeed, of all the Carnival cruises we have taken I think the Holiday has the best dining rooms.

The Port Of Mobile is a great place. The staff is very courteous.

And don't forget to try the corned beef at the deli station in the buffet restaurant.
Old 04-13-2006, 06:17 AM

I agree with Dave. The Holiday has the best staff. We cruised on that ship last May and we couldn't have had a better time. There were losts of children doing many activities. I met one family that said they take a crusie every year on CCL and they said that they were very pleased with the children's camp. The food there is wonderful and our room was nice, clean and we didn't have any problems with the water. I would sail on her again.

Hope

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 04-13-2006, 08:56 AM

I don't think I have ever been on a cruise where I did not smell a noxious odor at some time and some location on the ship. The odors are typically garbage, sewage, diesel exhaust, and cooking odors.

The ship is really a small floating city and all of the above odors are part of operating that city.

Typically an odor is fleeting and will disipate or you can avoid it by moving to a different area.

Enjoy your cruise and don't let the concerns about odors put you off.

Closed Thread