Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2007, 09:35 PM
I have noticed that Carnival seems to have stopped offering the OV and BL reservation categories for future cruises. The categories seem to have vanished in offerings across the cruise spectrum. Is this the start of a way of raising the cost of cruising to the budget cruiser??

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-09-2007, 09:45 PM
For the sake of the uninitiated, what are the OV and BL catagories?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:56 PM
f-mattox
Ov is the Oceanview Guarantee while Bl is the Balcony guarantee, these category options have been the lowest prices in cabin type offerings of CCL. It has been a good way to get a very nice cabin inexpensively. Many CCL cruisers enjoy lower priced cruising as a result. The rates were observed to have disappeared today!

BillyBuzzy
Old 04-09-2007, 10:05 PM
Thank you billyBuzzy; I figured "oceanview and balcony" were a part of it but I didn't know about the "guarantee" part.

I wonder if this could be like another thread on not being able to find aft balconies on the website, but them actually being available through a line representative (it's on the RCI Forum).

With all the discussion lately on "guarantee" bookings maybe the demand went so high they decided to reduce their exposure for a while. Just thinking out loud.
Old 04-10-2007, 12:42 AM

Hey Billy,

They are showing on carnival.com for 2008. I do know they had some glitches this evening, because I could not log on bookccl.com

No worries, they are not going to take away the guarantees. That works to their advantage to move people around.

Best to you,
IslandCruz
Old 04-14-2007, 01:57 PM

Carnival has been having some computer problems with their booking engine systems. I work on one called Amadeus all day every day and their Guarantee categories won't pull up. They are working on the problem. I simply call the res line and check rates and availability direct for my clients until they resolve the system glitch.

Happy sailing, Neil
Old 04-14-2007, 04:07 PM
TrvlPro-Thank You for the input as I have not been able to locate the OV or BL categories for nearly a week now and have feared that Carnival has eliminated them entirely!
Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy
Old 04-16-2007, 05:22 PM
I have just noted that I have been able to call up categories OV and BL once again at the CCL web site but not at the other TA sites. One wonders why?

Bon Voyage,
BillyBuzzy

Closed Thread

Tags
bl, category, reservation