Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

View Poll Results: I know we all don't approve of bringing alcohol on board, however I cannot afford to spend that muc
What 1 100.00%
What 0 0%
Wht 0 0%
Voters: 1. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-31-2007, 08:24 PM
Finally!

Voices of reason!
Old 02-01-2007, 04:13 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by Lynchick:
Is it possible to bring alcohol on board in our luggage to help with the alcohol bill?
I JUST GOT BACK FROM THE CRUISE AND TOOK FIVE LITRES OF GROG ON BOARD WITH ME, IT ONLY COST ME $60 DOLLARS IN THE SUPERMARKET IN L.A. SO I THOUGHT WHAT THE HELL. I SAVED A FORTUNE.
Old 02-01-2007, 05:15 AM

Gary - Thanks for the information. What a great idea. I have to mention it to my husband. He will probably love to do something like that. As for me...well, I have to wear the shock watch so that I don't get motion sickness. Unfortunately, alcohol counteracts the good the shock watch does...so it is one or the other
Thanks again!

Read and post cruise reviews

St. Maarten Hotels & Resorts

2003 Carnival Victory - Western
2004 Carnival Celebration
2005 Carnival Glory - Western
2006 Carnival Glory - Eastern
2007 Carnival Liberty - Western
2008 Star Princess - Alaska
Old 02-01-2007, 06:35 AM
Administrator

We should be hearing from the guy who ordered the two cases of beer in the next few days.

Old 02-01-2007, 08:45 PM

Hi Dave
Posted by Dave Beers
Quote:
We've had wine gifts delivered to our cabin - and not from Carnival's gift shop - and have also never had to pay a corkage fee.
How did you manage to do this. I also see that Gary D had some rum delivered from Carnivals Bon Voyage shop, but I can only find wine on their web site. I don't feel like phoning Carnival from New Zealand so, I'm willing to pay, how would I get say a bottle of whisky and say a bottle of gin delivered to our room.
Thanks
Peter
Old 02-02-2007, 03:53 AM

I too had been wondering about taking some alcohol with me. With the ability to order it ahead, even though the wine prices on the website are high, that is the way to go for me. I plan to have 3 bottles waiting for me.

As for soft drinks that you can take on, I am planning to get some bottled water at the airport to take with me. Am I allowed to bring more soft drinks and water on at each port?

Rex Resorts
Old 02-02-2007, 04:37 AM

Quote:
Do they actually go through your luggage? What about my TOYS? (laugh)
One of the two cruises That I broke down and actually took a woman with me we were on the SOV of the Seas. when Our luggage finnaly arived in the Cabin we happen to be there the Stewart Brought it in and from The Smaller Suitcase you could hear a Buzzing sound the stewart automaticly handed the bag to Her with A smile on his face....I reached over and took the bag from him and he even actually laughed a little bit....it was MY bag....it was my Electric tooth Brush....it was too funny....even funnier was when she opened HER bags later she found she HAD Dead Batteries and was in the ON position ....boy they are expensive on the ship
Old 02-02-2007, 06:15 AM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally posted by Ptur:
How did you manage to do this.
Actually we didn't do it. My agent did and she used some gift service which was approved by the cruise line.

Old 02-02-2007, 08:22 AM

you can go to Carnival.com and buy all kinds of gifts including wine to be waiting in the cabin.
when I went on SOV OF THE SEAS we had a bottle of wine waiting on Ice in our cabin from the travel agent chick.
Old 02-02-2007, 09:42 AM

Just to weigh in, I have brought alcohol on board many times in the past with no problem. Didn't even disguise it (did pack in luggage though). It may be due to Homeland Security that they are cracking down on unidentified liquids.
As for the cost, try going to a resort. The cruiselines need to profit somehow. In 1998 when we took our first cruise, as a travel industry employee, I got Interline rates. It was $750 for an inside cabin (that was a good deal). Don't pay near that 9 years later. Figured for inflation, cruises are a GREAT deal. Even at $100 per day per person for all that food, room, and entertainment. Try doing that at a resort. I was in Cancun last week and a cup of coffee at McDonalds is 200 pesos (about $2.00). A single dinner at Rainforest Cafe was $20.00. So getting 24 hr. food etc. for the cruise price is GREAT!! Just keep in mind, the drinks are average resort prices and help keep overall prices down. If you don't want to pay the price, don't drink.
Just my thoughts.

P.S. fill plastic water bottles and tape them. Then wrap in baggies and tape them. Put in your checked luggage and odds are no one will care. If they do find them they will simply have you down to unpack them and turn them in. Then they will probably return them at the end of a cruise. This is what happened to friends on NCL a few years ago.

Closed Thread

Tags
alcohol, bill, board, bon, carnival, cruise, ideas, number, order, prices, ships, smuggling, sneak, telephone, voyage