Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-13-2007, 07:20 PM

I don't believe they will be hearing anything in a family show that they aren't already hearing on the radio, TV, or out in public. And they're not going to see anything that they're not seeing already at a public pool or beach.
Old 01-13-2007, 07:58 PM

I agree that the kids are not hearing or seeing anything new. I admit I am right there sometimes watching those programs etc. too so I can't pretend to be little Miss Pure. When it comes to the solo ship acts or guest entertainers, I favor the ones that appeal to all ages, not just certain crowds. As a woman, I wonder why we don't see more women in non-singing entertainment roles. I can't remember the last woman entertainer I saw on a ship...
Old 01-14-2007, 11:01 AM

I saw a woman entertainer a few years ago on Carnival (I forgot which ship). She was Hispanic. Although her act was decent, I just don't think the adult "potty mouth" show went over big. It would be nice to attend a show without the vulgar language, but it is what it is, that is why they warn you ahead of time. If you are a person that get's insulted with this type of entertainment, then you have the decision to leave or attend the show.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Administrator

For my money the best entertainer I have ever seen on a cruise ship is El Gaucho. I don't know if he is still working on the ships. Great act and funny!

I've been lucky to have some top talent on cruises. We had Marty Allen on the Grand Princess a few years ago. In 1993 we had Jim Stafford and Skiles And Henderson on the Song Of America. There have been other "name" acts but I can't recall them right now.
Old 01-14-2007, 11:22 AM

After I wrote that post, I was discussing the female act issue with a friend who just returned from a Caribbean cruise. She said she JUST saw a young woman hypnotist on the Sun Princess! She said the show was hilarious and that even though it was a late night show it wasn't dirty and everyone had a really great time. I say Bravo to Princess for this clean adult/family entertainment and for adding some women!
Old 01-14-2007, 11:41 AM

Believe it or not, but the cruise lines DO listen to objective criticism regarding their offerings. After a recent cruise on Carnival, I sent a letter, in addition to my onboard survey, stating many compliments and of course a few critiques. I recevied a personal letter, directly referring to my comments and was also asked to call them 45 days prior to my next cruise for a nice "surprise." If you like the way things are done, please tell them so they won't change. If there are things you see where they can improve, tell them so they will. Otherwise, consultants will call all of the shots!

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-14-2007, 12:12 PM

GREAT advice! People generally don't take the time to write a thank you letter but they sure will fire off a fast poison pen letter. Constructive criticism and praise to make things better...Gee!...What a concept!
Old 01-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Administrator

So true. People think being nasty in their comments will get attention. What it gets is the trash can. Comments - both good and bad - are reviewed and as long as one is constructive in their criticism and uses polite terms, they will get someone's attention.

I had some internet problems on the Holiday on our last cruise on that ship. I sent a polite note to Carnival. They responded about a month later and refunded all the money I had spent for internet charges. The complaint was about the internet being down on the last day. I had it for the previous four days of the cruise. All I wanted was a refund for one day and they gave it all back to me. I was quite pleased. I am convinced I would not have received the same response if I told them "your internet program sucks!" or words to that effect.
Old 01-14-2007, 12:57 PM

That's cool Dave! I honestly believe that they will do anything reasonable to retain a reasonable customer. A little goodwill goes a long way. If you had said "you will never cruise with them again" any response from them would have been pointless, after all, they are a business. Now, I can't wait to see what my "surprise" will be! Perhaps a suite upgrade?

03-11 CCL Triumph
10-10 CCL Triumph
01-10 CCL Triumph
10-08 CCL Fantasy
03-08 CCL Fantasy
10-07 CCL Holiday
03-07 CCL Holiday
11-06 CCL Triumph
03-06 Caribbean Princess
01-04 CCL Victory
09-03 CCL Destiny
05-03 CCL Imagination
11-02 CCL Imagination
01-02 RCCL Rhapsody of Seas
02-01 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
02-00 RCCL Empress of Seas
01-99 RCCL Sovereign of Seas
01-98 RCCL Majesty of Seas
Old 01-14-2007, 01:11 PM

I am totally with you on that one. What goes around, comes around. If you aren't nice, why would you expect someone to do something nice for you? I'm curious, do you know if people from the cruise lines look at these boards for trends in comments, etc.? It seems like a board like this would be a great free focus group.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, child, children, cruise, evening, friendly, shows