Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 10:02 AM
Administrator

Default Carnival Corporation Anticipates Spending $134 Million More For Fuel in 2011
In the text of today's financial report from Carnival Corporation & plc is a line which anticipates an increase in fuel costs of $134 million dollars next year. Bear in mind this is for all of their cruise brands and not just Carnival Cruises. The forecast is based on current spot prices for fuel.

It is a big number but it also is spread out over 96 ships. I'd be surprised if they brought back the fuel surcharge.
Old 12-21-2010, 10:27 AM

I sure hope not, but you never know. I hope their contract is for a lot less than we're getting nailed with.
Old 12-21-2010, 02:13 PM

I guess you could look at that in different ways. Carnival Corporation is projecting three new ships in 2011 (1-CCL, 1-Seabourn, 1-Costa). If the increased fuel costs are taking into consideration operating those ships; then it makes sense their fuel cost would be higher. That isn't necessarily bad news, when those ships would also be bringing in new revenue.
Old 12-21-2010, 09:29 PM

They have the disclosure in place about reserving the right to re-institute the fuel sur charge if it goes above $70. What was it $90 today? I don't think they will do it though. They should just increase the rates. People are going to cruise regardless if it is a few more bucks per day. They have us addicted to those Fun Ships now.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, charge, charges, costs, cruise, cruises, fuel, increases, norwegian, ogg, reinstitutes, ships, sur, surcharge, tom