Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:09 PM

Smile Air conditioning
We are leaving on Carnival Freedom on Jan 29. (very excited, first cruise) I realize that the ship would be air conditioned, how cold is it going to be and can we adjust the temperature in our room (inside cabin). Am I bringing my flannels to sleep in?
Old 01-04-2011, 02:34 PM

It can be chilly in the public areas. You will have a thermostat in your room that you can adjust. However, most of the cabin stewards we've had always crank the air. I always take a sweater with me, but I freeze if it's below 80. It can get chilly out on deck at night as well. Hope you have a marvelous cruise!
Old 01-04-2011, 08:37 PM

You will definitely want to take a sweater or long sleeve shirt. We were on the Legend the first of December and it was not very warm. In fact, the last day it was too chilly on the deck to be in a swimsuit. I did not expect that and I had only packed one sweatshirt and one pair of jeans. I wish I would have had packed long sleeve tshirts and even yoga pants or sweat pants. Hopefully it will be hot sunny and calm so it won't be an issue on the deck. The lounges and dining room were definitely chilly - I bought a shawl on the ship to wear around my shoulders over my sun dresses and that helped a lot. Next time I need to remember a sweater! My husband likes the room cold - so I had to wear slipper socks to bed. What is your itinerary? We are planning to cruise next December again and we are seriously looking at the Freedom. Can't wait to hear about your trip and what you thought of the ship. Have fun!
Old 01-04-2011, 10:06 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Beach View Post
You will definitely want to take a sweater or long sleeve shirt. We were on the Legend the first of December and it was not very warm. In fact, the last day it was too chilly on the deck to be in a swimsuit. I did not expect that and I had only packed one sweatshirt and one pair of jeans. I wish I would have had packed long sleeve tshirts and even yoga pants or sweat pants. Hopefully it will be hot sunny and calm so it won't be an issue on the deck. The lounges and dining room were definitely chilly - I bought a shawl on the ship to wear around my shoulders over my sun dresses and that helped a lot. Next time I need to remember a sweater! My husband likes the room cold - so I had to wear slipper socks to bed. What is your itinerary? We are planning to cruise next December again and we are seriously looking at the Freedom. Can't wait to hear about your trip and what you thought of the ship. Have fun!
Thanks for the info. I was planning on bringing a sweater as Fort lauderdale is not always warm in the winter. Our itinerary is San Juan, St Thomas, Antigua, Tortola, Nassau.
Old 01-05-2011, 01:20 AM

Not sure if the Freedom cabins have thermostats or the manual vent control. Either way you will be able to control it. Penny is right about the Stewards cranking up the AC. I'll have it set just right, and then come back after they've been in the cabin and it will be freezing sometimes. Congrats on your first cruise and best wishes for a wonderful time. Please come back and tell us all about it.
Old 01-05-2011, 04:17 AM
We were on the Glory in early Dec.. Yes it can get chilly at times outside the ship. But as for the room we were having a little problem of being warm.. We adjusted it as low as we could go in the room but we could not get it to a comfortable temp.. I like cool at night to sleep better..

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 01-07-2011, 10:05 PM

Karen - that is the itinerary we were looking at. Can't wait to hear what you did on your trip. Keep me posted.

Closed Thread

Tags
air, bay, cabin, carnival, conditioned, conditioning, cozumel, cruise, cruised, cruises, ncl, rooms, ship, tampa, thermostat, warm