Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   v i p disembarking (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36340-v-i-p-disembarking.html)

macmom111 01-04-2011 01:02 PM

v i p disembarking

If we send our luggage out the night before and do the v i p disembarking, will we have to wait on our luggage or will it be waiting for us. we have always done self assist but I am thinking maybe not doing it this time.

Dwayne 01-04-2011 08:26 PM

If you are on Carnival it will be waiting for you in Section 1. Carnival issues #1 luggage tags for Platinum VIP's.

LisaP 01-04-2011 08:36 PM

That was our experience in Mobile last summer. Note that you will get off the ship at the same time as, or right after, those who carry off their own luggage, so there still might be many ahead of you, yet it beats carrying off all those bags. Yes, they were right there in section 1. Also, be sure to ask if there is a separate debarkation waiting area for VIPs. There was one on our cruise, but no one had told us.

Dwayne 01-05-2011 02:52 AM

I've done Self Assist once, and never again! :eek:

Van Beach 01-07-2011 09:08 PM

We did self assist - (first cruise so can't compare) - but it was so easy. We were off the ship by 8:30 and on the bus to the airport by 9 a.m. I would definitely do it again!

Dwayne 01-08-2011 11:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Van Beach (Post 284448)
We did self assist - (first cruise so can't compare) - but it was so easy. We were off the ship by 8:30 and on the bus to the airport by 9 a.m. I would definitely do it again!

I always have too much luggage and it was a nightmare lugging it. Plus I usually cruise out of drive to ports so I'm not in a hurry to get off the ship. I go have breakfast then take a leisurely shower in the cabin. I'm usually still in the cabin to at least 9am.

The VIP debarkation waiting area has been an issue on some of the ships. I should say the lack of instruction/notification given. It is an issue that is being addressed. I'm sure LHP has some comments about this as well.

Van Beach 01-09-2011 06:50 PM

Lucky you Dwayne - I wish we were closer to a port. We live in Northwest Iowa and the closest major airport is 3 hours away. No wonder you go cruising a lot - I would to if I could drive to the ship. Maybe someday!!!!

Dwayne 01-10-2011 01:55 AM

Actually it is a good drive for me to get to a port. About 9 hours for Port Canaveral, 11 to Tampa, and around 6 to Jacksonville. I usually fly if leaving out of Miami as it is too far to drive and I hate the traffic there.

Now Carnival did finally tip the Funnel and send us a ship to Charleston. I can drive there in a little over 2 hours. I am very thankful for that, though the Fantasy has limited itineraries. It is nice not having to leave your state to get on a Fun Ship.:)

LHP 01-10-2011 02:10 PM

As usual (it seems with Carnival)...it answer is....
it depends....

On the Liberty in November and the Destiny in December....we got the VIP letter and we were able to put our luggage out and still be the very first ones off this ship. This is a NEW method. (which I LOVE!!!!) No more having to haul all my luggage off the ship myself.

We just got off the Elation today and they still use the old method where IF you want to be the first off the ship....you have to carry your luggage off.

VIP self assist got off the ship at 7AM (DJ was the first person off...he loved that).

VIP "regular" (putting your luggage out) were not instructed to meet until 8AM ... which means they get behind all the self assist...which is not much of a benefit.

It truly depends on how YOUR ship is doing it.

macmom111 01-10-2011 02:19 PM

LHP, with so meny cruises under your belt, packing must be a breeze for you. How meny pieces of luggage does it take now compared to yrs ago? if you dont mind me asking