Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-04-2011, 02:02 PM

Default v i p disembarking
If we send our luggage out the night before and do the v i p disembarking, will we have to wait on our luggage or will it be waiting for us. we have always done self assist but I am thinking maybe not doing it this time.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:26 PM

If you are on Carnival it will be waiting for you in Section 1. Carnival issues #1 luggage tags for Platinum VIP's.
Old 01-04-2011, 09:36 PM
Administrator

That was our experience in Mobile last summer. Note that you will get off the ship at the same time as, or right after, those who carry off their own luggage, so there still might be many ahead of you, yet it beats carrying off all those bags. Yes, they were right there in section 1. Also, be sure to ask if there is a separate debarkation waiting area for VIPs. There was one on our cruise, but no one had told us.
Old 01-05-2011, 03:52 AM

I've done Self Assist once, and never again!
Old 01-07-2011, 10:08 PM

We did self assist - (first cruise so can't compare) - but it was so easy. We were off the ship by 8:30 and on the bus to the airport by 9 a.m. I would definitely do it again!
Old 01-09-2011, 12:13 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Van Beach View Post
We did self assist - (first cruise so can't compare) - but it was so easy. We were off the ship by 8:30 and on the bus to the airport by 9 a.m. I would definitely do it again!
I always have too much luggage and it was a nightmare lugging it. Plus I usually cruise out of drive to ports so I'm not in a hurry to get off the ship. I go have breakfast then take a leisurely shower in the cabin. I'm usually still in the cabin to at least 9am.

The VIP debarkation waiting area has been an issue on some of the ships. I should say the lack of instruction/notification given. It is an issue that is being addressed. I'm sure LHP has some comments about this as well.
Old 01-09-2011, 07:50 PM

Lucky you Dwayne - I wish we were closer to a port. We live in Northwest Iowa and the closest major airport is 3 hours away. No wonder you go cruising a lot - I would to if I could drive to the ship. Maybe someday!!!!
Old 01-10-2011, 02:55 AM

Actually it is a good drive for me to get to a port. About 9 hours for Port Canaveral, 11 to Tampa, and around 6 to Jacksonville. I usually fly if leaving out of Miami as it is too far to drive and I hate the traffic there.

Now Carnival did finally tip the Funnel and send us a ship to Charleston. I can drive there in a little over 2 hours. I am very thankful for that, though the Fantasy has limited itineraries. It is nice not having to leave your state to get on a Fun Ship.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:10 PM
Banned

As usual (it seems with Carnival)...it answer is....
it depends....

On the Liberty in November and the Destiny in December....we got the VIP letter and we were able to put our luggage out and still be the very first ones off this ship. This is a NEW method. (which I LOVE!!!!) No more having to haul all my luggage off the ship myself.

We just got off the Elation today and they still use the old method where IF you want to be the first off the ship....you have to carry your luggage off.

VIP self assist got off the ship at 7AM (DJ was the first person off...he loved that).

VIP "regular" (putting your luggage out) were not instructed to meet until 8AM ... which means they get behind all the self assist...which is not much of a benefit.

It truly depends on how YOUR ship is doing it.
Old 01-10-2011, 03:19 PM

LHP, with so meny cruises under your belt, packing must be a breeze for you. How meny pieces of luggage does it take now compared to yrs ago? if you dont mind me asking

Closed Thread

Tags
1, carnival, charleston, cruise, debarkation, disembark, disembarking, lines, luggage, meny, miami, norwegian, ships, tags, today, vip, vips