Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-21-2011, 12:15 PM

Let me take you down a little trip through reality lane... You can get dressed up in the fanciest of formal attire and your husband can wear the most dapper of tuxedos (complete with tails), but that doesn't mean that all of the ship's guests are going to follow suit (pun intended). This is not a put-down on Carnival but there will be some people who go out of their way (and are allowed to do so) to buck the trend when it comes down to formal night. Contrary to what others may say, you WILL see people wearing shorts and Hawaiian shirts on formal night and they will take pictures in front of the different backgrounds to immortalize their lack of civility. Carnival does little to enforce dress codes in the dining rooms. If you wear your White House State Dinner finest, you will be in good company. Many women still dress up and wear lame and sequins. My advice would be to go nuts and enjoy yourself. Carpe diem and make the most of it.
Old 01-21-2011, 03:04 PM

Hey Dr. L.. Its been a while... while I agree with you on that some people will always try to go against the rules, its not always allowed. It depends on the Maitre'D In my experience I noticed that many will not allow guests into the MDR without proper attire per the dress code and that means no shorts on formal night. (At least not for adults)
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 01-22-2011, 05:52 AM

I've dusted off the little black sandles and I'm ready to go !! Are formal nights usually on the days at sea? Can't wait for our suite on the Liberty. Hey Penny, I'm making chocolate melting cake tonight for a little dinner party I'm having - last time before the real thing in March.

B
Old 01-22-2011, 07:39 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bub View Post
I've dusted off the little black sandles and I'm ready to go !! Are formal nights usually on the days at sea? Can't wait for our suite on the Liberty. Hey Penny, I'm making chocolate melting cake tonight for a little dinner party I'm having - last time before the real thing in March.

B
It really depends on the itinerary if the Cruise Elegant nights are at sea or not. Typically the first one will be the second or third night of the cruise. More likely than not the second. The second one is usually the second or third night from the end of the cruise. Again, this does vary some with different itineraries.

Chocolate Melting Cake huh....Yummy!
Old 01-22-2011, 08:16 AM

Dr,
last fall on the Dream they announced at the dinner the night before elegant night that it is elegant night therefore Jeans, shorts, men in sandles, t shirts, cut off, ( I may have missed a few) would not be permitted they could enjoy the food on the lido deck if they chose not to join us in the proper dress. ( or word to that effect)
I heard people saying they appreciated the announcement.

Closed Thread

Tags
attire, carnival, conquest, cruise, dress, elegant, formal, night, nights, photos, pictures, ready, sea, ship, splendor, wore