Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   check-in for Paradise (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36488-check-paradise.html)

prasannacts@gmail.com 02-03-2011 03:25 PM

check-in for Paradise

Hi, I'm getting ready for my first time cruise, carnival paradise on 2/14 from long beach. The flight arrives at long beach airport at 10:30 am and I think it will take 30 mins to reach the port. In this case, when (at what time) do you think I will be able to comple the check in and get in to the ship?

Do I need to just wait for the regular check-in or do I need to look for some early check in options? Any advise will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Dave 02-03-2011 05:06 PM

There is no early check-in option at the pier. There is just "check-in" when they open for business to accept passengers for the next cruise. Typically this starts sometime between 11am and noon, and passengers start boarding during that time. You need to do the on-line check-in on the Carnival website anyway, and print your boarding pass.

prasannacts@gmail.com 02-04-2011 12:33 PM

Thanks Dave. I completed the online check-in and printed out the boardin pass..

penny3333 02-04-2011 12:38 PM

Hope you have a marvelous cruise! Great way to celebrate Valentine's Day:D

prasannacts@gmail.com 02-04-2011 02:28 PM

oh yeah...i'm excited for my first cruise trip. My day1 on cruise is valentine's day and my first anniversary is on the same week.

Wheels87 02-04-2011 04:41 PM

Wow, that sounds like a set-up for a real good time!!!

Enjoy it and be prepared...you may very well get addicted like all of us!

Take care,

Brad

prasannacts@gmail.com 02-05-2011 10:19 AM

Thanks Brad..8 more days to go...i'm getting prepared with full of excitement.

Dwayne 02-16-2011 08:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by prasannacts@gmail.com (Post 285211)
Hi, I'm getting ready for my first time cruise, carnival paradise on 2/14 from long beach. The flight arrives at long beach airport at 10:30 am and I think it will take 30 mins to reach the port. In this case, when (at what time) do you think I will be able to comple the check in and get in to the ship?

Do I need to just wait for the regular check-in or do I need to look for some early check in options? Any advise will be helpful. Thanks in advance!

Just a follow up here about Early Check-In for Long Beach for future readers.

Carnival provides for Early Check-In on the Queen Mary from 9:30AM to 11:30AM.

Jim C. 02-17-2011 06:44 AM

Are you sure that just isn't for the people staying on the Queen Mary Dwayne? We couldn't even get in to the lobby of the QM to look at it because we were not guests. I doubt they would let people come in for Carnival to check in. They had Carnival check in stands closer to the dome (the old Spruce Goose house) if that is what you are referring to. We used the early check in for the Platinum guests. We checked in early but then had to stand outside the "dome" until they started boarding with everyone else. I was kind of shocked that you had to stand outside (under the awning but still out in the weather)

Dwayne 02-17-2011 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Jim C. (Post 285564)
Are you sure that just isn't for the people staying on the Queen Mary Dwayne?

It is for anyone arriving early to my knowledge.