Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-04-2011, 11:39 AM

Default Inspiration Fog Delay - Again
Fog delayed the Carnival Inspiration's arrival in Tampa yesterday. The ship arrived around 5:45 pm and didn't depart until midnight. No change in itinerary.

Haven't heard of what re-numeration was made to those with missed flights. Another reason to buy travel insurance. Ship and Weather Happens!
Old 02-05-2011, 02:27 PM

Noted you said "again". Is this a common occurrence? My family and I are scheduled for the 2/26/11 cruise out of Tampa and I want to prepare the rest of my clan for this possibility if this is something that regularly happens.

Garnett
Old 02-05-2011, 04:08 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by garnettsmith View Post
Noted you said "again". Is this a common occurrence? My family and I are scheduled for the 2/26/11 cruise out of Tampa and I want to prepare the rest of my clan for this possibility if this is something that regularly happens.

Garnett

Not all that common, but it does happen from time to time. It is probably best to prepare the clan for the possibility. This weather we have been having is wacky to say the least.
Old 02-05-2011, 04:29 PM

There are a number of things that could happen to any cruise coming back in at any port, not just Tampa. Princess several months ago had engine problems returning to New York, a freighter accident held up traffic in the channel on the Mississippi. There's no need to be worrying people about what "might" happen. If it happens, it happens, and you deal with it then. Buy travel insurance to protect you, and just enjoy your cruise.
Old 02-05-2011, 05:54 PM
Administrator

Yes, always get trip insurance. Although it won't prevent the cruise line from recounting their ships, it will provide the traveler with protection.

Closed Thread

Tags
carnival, cruise, delay, delayed, delays, feb, fog, foggy, galveston, inspiration, port, reviews, ship, ships, weather