Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2011, 08:35 PM

Default carnival ships...which do I choose
I'm planning a cruise next year and have narrowed down the list to 4 ships and itineraries. I'm looking for opinions on the ships and the ports to help me make a choice. I really love the beach but also enjoy hiking and snorkeling. And maybe a little shopping and sight-seeing. What are the things you would recommend to see or do in the ports listed. All of this analyzing is making me want to go right now. The good thing is, I know I'll have a great time no matter what I do because it's vacation and I love cruising anywhere. Thanks so much for any help you can give.

Carnival Freedom-8 Days Eastern Caribbean-Ft Lauderdale, Sea, San Juan Puerto Rico, St Thomas USVI, Antigua, Tortola BVI, Sea, Nassau Bahamas, Ft Lauderdale

Carnival Miracle-8 days Southern Caribbean-Ft Lauderdale, Sea, Grand Turk Turks & Caicos, La Romana Dominican Republic, Aruba, Curacao, Sea, Sea, Ft Lauderdale

Carnival Glory-7 days Eastern Caribbean-Miami, Nassau Bahamas, Sea, St Thomas USVI, San Juan Puerto Rico, Grand Turk Turks & Caicos, Sea, Miami

Carnival Liberty-7 days Eastern Caribbean-Miami, Half Moon Cay Bahamas, Sea, St Thomas USVI, San Juan Puerto Rico, Grand Turk Turks & Caicos, Sea, Miami

P.S. I've been on 3 cruises to the Western Caribbean and they were all wonderful. In those cruises I visited a couple of the ports listed above, St. Thomas and Tortola. They were both excellent so they're worth going back but it might be nice to see other ports as well.
Old 02-12-2011, 07:21 AM
The only ship we've been on of the 4 was the Glory - didn't care for the layout - very chopped up. As for the itineraries the Miracle sounds like the most interesting. We too have cruised to many of these ports before but never Aruba. I'd also put some thought in to the ships themselves (age, refurbs etc) as well as cost to help make my decision.
Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM

I second the Miracle cruise. Those ports are all great and its rare you can get them all on a single cruise.

The Miracle (and other Spirit class ships) are a favorite for many. The layout makes getting around the ship easy and they are big enough to have all the amenities you would like and small enough not to have a huge crowd.
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 02-13-2011, 09:54 PM

Default thanks
thanks so much for the replies. I was steering towards the Miracle as well, so that helps me to make the final decision. I just wish I could go sooner than 2012. I love cruising! I could live on a cruise ship if I had the time and money
Old 02-15-2011, 02:20 PM

Last week Jan 29 - Feb 6, was my very first cruise and we went on the carnival freedom. I can't compare it to other cruises, but now I am addicted. I want to go back now. I really enjoyed the island that we stopped and have looked at going to the islands for a vacation and realized that they are a little too costly for me, so going on a cruise is probably the only way I would ever see those islands. The shows on the ship were great and the staff was very attentive. I think going for that extra day made my holiday feel so much longer then a week. (I know it sounds funny). We did not do any snorkling but did go to the beaches and loved the crystal clear water.

If I can answer any more questions just ask. It is very fresh in my mind.
Old 02-17-2011, 09:40 AM
Karen 69er, I have to agree that the Miracle is a great ship, easy to navigate and fairly new. I was on her just last year. However my suggestion is the GLory. While not as easy to get around, it has 3 big production stage numbers and a smaller tribute to the Glory Days in the back theater. I do have a bent for the shows as my daughter is a Carnival Dancer. So if the shows are a big part of what you like. then the Glory would be a good choice.
Old 02-18-2011, 10:05 AM
Just talked with my daughter, she had this to say on the shows. Ticket to ride is the hottest show right now. It is on the Miracle and the Freedom (and the Fantasy but that was one of your choices). Glory Days no longer plays on the Glory or anywhere, it has been retired. Glory shows are: Rock, Living in America and the Best Magic Show in the fleet, designed by the great team of Kevin and Caruso. The Freedom also has the Big Easy, one of my favorites.
Old 04-07-2011, 07:03 AM

Default Thank you!
Thank you for all the replies. I think I'm going to book the cruise on the Miracle. I like the itinerary better and the ship sounds great. Maybe I'll see some of you there.
Old 04-07-2011, 10:39 AM

Default Given a choice...
I would also do the Miracle...the South Caribbean does not get a lot of traffic. Plenty of ships got to Nassau, St. Thomas and the like...

You will see some very interesting ports where a lot of cruisers do not go.
It will be an amazing trip and the Miracle has gotten some rave reviews.

PREVIOUS CRUISES

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Elation (1) Feb. 12, 2011
Carnival Triumph (2) March 13, 2010; Oct. 16, 2010
Carrnival Fantasy (4) Oct. 15, 2007; Oct 27, 2008; March 2, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009
Carnival Holiday (2) Dec. 27, 2007 & Dec. 31, 2007
NCL Sun (1) on March 11, 2007
Carnival Glory (1) Sept. 16, 2006
Carnival Celebration (2) Dec. 31, 2005; March 20, 2006
Carnivall Conquest (1) Oct 9-16, 2005
Old 04-07-2011, 02:37 PM

I would say the Miracle without question.

Closed Thread

Tags
age, aruba, caicos, caribbean, carnival, cruise, date, day, dominican, freedom, miracle, republic, reviews, ships, southern, turks