Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-28-2011, 10:37 AM

Default Carnival Victory-inside,oceanview or balcony stateroom??
I would like to get some opinions from some people that have cruised the Carnival Victory through the Southern Carribean. We have booked for the September 25th cruise and there is one day at sea. We`re at ports for every other day of the cruise. Do you think we would benefit from having a bigger room...balcony or should we stick with the inside stateroom.
Old 02-28-2011, 11:34 AM

Having a window (not necessarily a balcony) is nice because it lets light IN. You know when it's morning and when it's night. Having natural light come into your room makes it a lot nicer. Even an obstructed view would let light in. When you turn off the lights in an inside room, it's *really* dark. Your eyes never adjust to it.

If there's not too much of a price difference between inside and outside, I'd vote for ocean view. if you keep the inside room, take a night light with you.

In any case, you'll have a great time.
Old 02-28-2011, 01:29 PM
Cool
We've sailed on the Victory. I think no matter what ship you take it's a matter of personal preference re: the inside cabin vs. window or balcony. The inside cabin is the cheapest way to go and sometimes you get upgraded to a window. We didn't care for the dark closet feel of the inside cabin. I've talked with people who leave the bathroom light on all night to keep it from being so dark. Others love the darkness as they sleep really well. I agree though - it's nice to have at least a window so you have a better idea of the time. I always bring a small clock so I know that even though it's light it's still only 6am so I can roll over and catch a few more z's (early riser). If money is no object - I'd definitely go for the balcony!
Old 02-28-2011, 03:03 PM
bbuffy2000...Try a Cat. 4J Cabin....You will find you will enjoy the benefits and pricing of all three categories!! A very nice way to go and a great cruise experience!!

Bon Voyage,

BillyBuzzy

Last edited by billybuzzy; 02-28-2011 at 03:03 PM. Reason: typo
Old 02-28-2011, 06:59 PM

A couple of weeks ago we were on the freedom and we had the inside cabin. I used the advice that I have read on this chat. At night time we turned the tv on to the channel of the front of the boat and mutted the music. It gave our room a glow at night, so it wasn't pictch black and when the sun came up our room got light with the outdoor light. It would of been nice to have a balcony, but for the extra money we used it on the excursions. We did not spend a lot of time in our room. We had a great time.
Initially we picked a inside cabin, because we have a 3 year old and I did not like the thought of the balcony and a 3 year old.
Old 02-28-2011, 08:44 PM
Administrator

Welcome, bbuffy2000! We're a family of three who sailed on Carnival Victory a few years ago. I love this class of ship as the standard oceanview cabins are large enough to accommodate us all. In addition to the two main beds (that can be pushed together), there is a convertible sofa bed that offers additional seating. I like that the cabins are low in the ship as I enjoy being close to the water. The windows don't open, so there's no chance of water coming in, yet we do like the light. And, the cabin is much larger than an inside. We prefer Deck 2, as we get first dibs on the atrium elevators going up, and second dibs on the others. It's also only one or two decks away from a lot of the action.

I wouldn't bother with a balcony as I'd rather spend the $ on shore. Yet, I do recommend a standard oceanview on this ship as it gives you more space. Even so, I saw a few inside cabins and they certainly looked comfortable for two.

Let us know what you decide.
Old 03-01-2011, 11:21 AM

I love balconies, but if it means not being able to enjoy shore excursions or go on a cruise at all, inside is fine with me. Ocean views are very nice, but if I'm going to pay for that, I'll go ahead and get a balcony. I absolutely love going out on the balcony and watch the sun rise or set without having to worry about being dressed properly. I can be in my pjs

I just got back from the NCL Sky and had an inside. I still woke up at 4am, went out on deck and walked, then came back and got ready for breakfast. I had no problems with the inside and it saved a ton of money. However, I was sailing solo, so I basically have to pay for another person, just not the port tax. My hubby and I are doing the Mexican Riviera in December, and we will have a balcony. He snores, so it's nice to have the door ajar and listen to the waves against the ship to help drown out the snoring, LOL. It's a poor excuse, but it does work

Whatever you decide, you'll have a marvelous time!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:57 PM
Well the belcony is the best choice but not for the day at sea, I can tell you this, the very first night of your cruise you will enjoy the view you of EL MORRO during night , after you leave San Juan, I can help it I may be from Puerto Rico but the view WOW is breath taking, also remember that during Nights you will get the view of the Islands not far from the ship, If you are with a special someone let me tell you is a very romantic view and during the day you will enjoy differents flying fish and if you are lucky, like my wife, a few dolphins. ALso ypou will get the view of the islands during arrival and the view of the island when you leave port and during the day at sea remember to order room service in the morning, the coffe is great and the crouisans are worth a try specially with the view of the ocean from your balcony...hope this helps
Old 03-28-2011, 01:22 PM

We have tried both the inside cabins and the balcony. On the Victory cruise we choose the balcony. Because the ship traveled close to the islands there was a lot to see! If you can do a balcony on this cruise I would.

Closed Thread

Tags
balcony, cabin, caribbean, carnival, cruise, difference, front, inside, oceanview, open, reviews, room, royal, ship, state, stateroom, victory, window