Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Info on carnival glory (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36630-info-carnival-glory.html)

Great Aunt 03-01-2011 06:39 AM

Info on carnival glory

Have never been on this ship and will be going in December to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios. Any advice?

Jim C. 03-01-2011 06:45 AM

Other than "Have a great time!".... no, not really.

I would see the sting ray in Grand Caymen if you have not already. If you are physically fit, try Dunn's River falls in Ocho Rios...

macmom111 03-01-2011 09:25 AM

I think the Glory is my favorite ship out of all that I have cruised. it is easy to get around. You will love the ports too. YOU picked a great ship to have your first cruise on.

Dwayne 03-01-2011 02:54 PM

The Glory is a close runner up to my favorite ship. She's like an old friend. Not the easiest ship to get around on until you get it figured out. Some of the decks don't go straight from forward to aft. One point of advice for the ship is not to miss the Fish 'n Chips! If you don't know where it is you never know it's there. It is upstairs in the Lido restaurant. It is so much less hustle and bustle up there to eat at and also offers great views.

edngirlie 02-20-2012 04:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Great Aunt (Post 285885)
Have never been on this ship and will be going in December to Grand Cayman, Cozumel and Ocho Rios. Any advice?

Going on the Glory on March 11, 2012, doing the Eastern Car., looking for feedback.

travlngrl1996 02-26-2012 06:26 PM

Loved this ship. As someone mentioned. It takes awile to get used to the layout, but when you get used to it you are good to go.

We took a city tour in Grand Cayman and visted the Turtle Farm and Hell. In Cozumel, we did the all-inclusive at Mr. Sanchos. That was the favorite part of that trip. I highly recommend it.

We didn't go to Ocho Rios on this trip, so I don't have advice here.

Have a good cruise.

CruiseDad 03-03-2012 05:37 PM

I liked the Glory. Perhaps my second favorite to the Spirit Class Ships. You will figure how to get around by the last day of the cruise, HAHA. And as another cruisechat friend said be sure to try the fish and Chips especially if you like a fish chowder. But what I liked so much was this ship used the cast for a lot of shows. Be sure not to miss Glory Days in the back lounge. Don't sit to close to the stage unless you want to become part of the show. Loved it

Thunderfoot0007 05-15-2012 10:03 PM

First cruise on Carnival Line

My husband and I just got back from cruise to E. Carib. on the Glory. This was our second cruise. In my opinion the Glory should be gutted and redesigned. Elevators were a nightmare.

We enjoyed our ports of call and totally fell in love with San Juan. What a beautiful place!

Majority of the crew were friendly and very helpful. My husband and I had to use a scooter and wheelchair because of back and hip problems. We were helped by the staff in the Red Sails restaurant to get our food and drinks and to get to a table. The food was excellent.

In the diningroom, we were treated like royalty. Again the food was excellent if you kept away from the beef dishes. We loved our wait staff and enjoyed the evening entertainment by the waiters.

Our cabin steward was a gem and took very good care of us.

Most of the passengers were friendly and helpful although we did have a problem with unsupervised 13-15 yr. olds creating havoc around the ship at all times of the day and night. Had to complain several times to management.

A word to parents: I know you need a vacation and want your children to have fun but letting them loose and not keeping up with what they are doing causes others on their vacation not to have a good time. Please keep track of your children and know where they are and who they are with. They should have an evening curfew and be in their cabins when others are in bed for the night. The children on our cruise were running down the hallways making a racket in the wee hours of the night. Our friends were disturbed by loud knocking on their door at least twice and when they opened their door found ice thrown in front of the door thinking it would be funny to see them step out and slip on it. NOT FUNNY. Another time, my husband was trying to get an elevator only to find this rowdy bunch laying all over the elevator floor riding up and down. A crew member had to chase them off the elevator so people could use it. If your children don't know how to behave, leave them home.:(

Sandylynn 06-01-2012 05:42 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dwayne (Post 285907)
The Glory is a close runner up to my favorite ship. She's like an old friend. Not the easiest ship to get around on until you get it figured out. Some of the decks don't go straight from forward to aft. One point of advice for the ship is not to miss the Fish 'n Chips! If you don't know where it is you never know it's there. It is upstairs in the Lido restaurant. It is so much less hustle and bustle up there to eat at and also offers great views.

Hey Dwayne....what is your fav. ship?

janfred 06-01-2012 04:23 PM

I have been on many cruises but never did try Carnival. I took the Cruise to "No Where" out of Norfolk VA in October to see what Carnival was all about. Well, it is a Fun Ship, great food and a very fun Crew ! Dwayne is correct I did love the Fish 'n Chips ! I had no complaints really. What I did not like was some Parents letting their Kid's make a mess for the Crew to clean up. That is so not right and I felt bad for the wonderful Crew who always smiled. You will love the Glory too :oD