Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 05:31 AM
Talking You all were right
Okay so....off we went on the Pride to Port Canaveral and the Bahamas. My third cruise and my sweet husband's FIRST cruise. He gave me such a song and a dance about going and just traveling in general. The man HATES to travel. He finally agreed.

We sailed on Sunday 2/20.

By Tuesday he said, "Let's book the next one."

AM I PSYCHED??!! You can imagine.

He loved it all. He especially loved just being on the ship and sailing the deep blue sea. He must have sailor in him. He even parasailed. And shopped.

Miracles DO happen!
Old 03-02-2011, 06:41 AM

Pam, what great news! I'm so glad you both had such a good time. There's something about being on the ocean, and having everything there for you, that even your husband found addicting.

Did you sign up for another cruise?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Sandy, we did get the voucher towards the next cruise but didn't actually choose a date yet. He's ready to go next week!

Our poor 17 year old cat was heart-broken that we had "deserted" her so we have to keep her needs in mind. And my 91 year old mother-in-law who lives with us had her nose all bent out of shape too that we actually LEFT her in the care of someone else. Heavens.

So balancing everything will be challenging again but we have two years to book the next one. Hmmmm......maybe out of NYC to St. Thomas?
Old 03-02-2011, 07:31 AM

Well the cat will act that way if you go to the store.... But mom is another story.

Glad he liked it and hope you will have many cruises together!
Magic 11/11,Triumph 4/12,Spirit 7/12,Freedom 11/12, Triumph 2/13 - The fire cruise, Magic 1/14, Freedom x 2 6/14

NCL Dream October 2006, RCCL Mariner OTS June 2007, Celebrity Silhouette 2013
Old 03-02-2011, 12:17 PM

Woo Hoo!!! I love to hear that kind of news! Congratulations!!!

Jim's right about the cat and mom. However, they will both get over it. Especially, if you bring them some goodies back. If you took pictures, share those with mom, she might actually understand how you would LOVE cruising! It's too bad she can't travel with you, I'd almost bet you'd have another addict
Old 03-02-2011, 04:53 PM

Welcome Back! Glad you had a great time and have another addicted cruiser.
Old 03-03-2011, 03:33 AM
sounds like he is hooked!! He has cruise fever!!!! Maybe he will want to go twice a year!!

Read and post cruise reviews
Old 03-03-2011, 04:08 AM

Congratulations on winning him over! I, personally, will never understand how someone could not absolutely love cruising. Deep down inside, I believe that people who complain about cruises are the type that would never be happy, no matter what they are doing.

Whenever I get another person addicted to cruising, I kind of feel like a meth dealer...think about it...they get a taste and really love it the first time, and then they spend the rest of their life (and money) going on cruises and when they are not on a cruise, they are almost always thinking about cruising. The only difference is that I have never seen anyone beat up their grandmother to steal her money to pay for a cruise.

Take care,

Brad

Old 03-03-2011, 05:37 AM
Now that we have come down a little from our "high" (cruise high, Brad!) I'll give a bit of a review.

We cruised with four little people and their parents. Kids are 10, 8, 6, and 3. They loved almost every minute, especially Camp Carnival and the pizza! But the decor (artwork) on the PRIDE was not kid friendly. Man, their were people's private parts everywhere you turned. One of the boys asked what the "bumps" were on the mermaids. These are very modest kids!

Then the kid friendly comedian wasn't.

But we had the best wait staff ever, who were so accommodating and friendly with the kids. We even had a magician come to the table who knocked everyone's socks off!

The glass bottom boat in Freeport was cancelled due to rough seas so they were sad to miss the fish. No one got seasick though, even with 7 foot waves for a couple of days.

My DH loved the food, the cabin, the balcony, the food, the shows, the beach, the food, parasailing, the pool, the food, did I mention the food? He was a happy man. Best prime rib ever. I really was amazed at how happy he was. When I think of how much he DIDN'T want to go and now how much he wants to go back, I am truly amazed.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:27 AM

Did y'all go to Nassau, too? There are bunches of fish at the Atlantis, and it's a beautiful hotel to walk around. You can get day passes to use some of the rides there, too (water slides).

I'm glad to hear no one got seasick, y'all must have hit some kind of a storm for seas that high. We were lucky, our cruise was smooth as silk.

Sorry about the kid unfriendly commedian. However, I know the kids enjoyed Camp Carnival. Most of them don't want anything to do with parents after the first day

Closed Thread

Tags
camp, carnival, days, port, year