Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2011, 12:19 PM

Default help - stolen lumix camera on Conquest 2/20
Out first cruise was marred with issue after issue but I was ok with it until someone took our camera. It happened on the Lido deck, someone must have swiped it from our table. The crew did nothing to help, I wanted to offer a reward for the card but they wouldn't let me and wouldn't post a message for us. We had some great pics of our 3yr old little girl that we'll never see. I can't imagine why someone would just do that.
Old 03-04-2011, 12:50 PM

I cannot imagine why someone would want to do that either. You did go down to the Purser's desk and file a report? Sorry to hear that happened.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:17 PM

Sorry to hear that happened. I've never had anything stolen before. I have lost a few things though. Each time they were in the lost and found or the Steward found them. I misplaced an expensive ring in the cabin once. The Steward found it and placed it on a piece of tissue paper in the bathroom so I would see it. He got a huge tip.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:36 PM

gosh sorry to hear about that. will you homeowners insurance cover the camera? I have an expensive camera that I debated taking with me on my last cruise, I took it and had no problem. I was more concerned about me misplacing it then someone taking it. Have you checked with Carnivals home office, lost and found. maybe someone picked it up thinking it was theirs. and have turned it into Carnival.
I found 3 rings in our safe on one cruise. I immediately took them to the pursers desk so they could be returned to the people that were in the cabin on the cruise before us. I often wonder if the rings have found their owners.
Old 03-06-2011, 01:09 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by blizzrd View Post
Out first cruise was marred with issue after issue but I was ok with it until someone took our camera. It happened on the Lido deck, someone must have swiped it from our table. The crew did nothing to help, I wanted to offer a reward for the card but they wouldn't let me and wouldn't post a message for us. We had some great pics of our 3yr old little girl that we'll never see. I can't imagine why someone would just do that.
For post cruise Lost and Found inquiries LOOK HERE. Choose already sailed, then in the drop down menu choose Lost and Found. As macmom mentioned, someone could have picked it up by mistake. Good Luck!

Last edited by Dwayne; 03-06-2011 at 01:12 AM.
Old 03-10-2011, 09:56 PM

First I am sorry you lost your camera. Do you have the SN of your camera? If so here is a site where you can list it. Also did you fill our your warranty information and register your camera with the manufacturer? If so give them a call and report it stolen.

Depending on your camera you can edit information that your camera writes to the image exif. I always do this to my cameras. If my camera is stolen, chances are the thief will not change this information. Every image they take will have my name on it. Thieves have been caught this was.

I use gmail. I also use google doc. In google doc I have a lot of information on sheets that I might need. On one of those sheets is the SN, make, and model number of all my camera and laptops.

Old 03-11-2011, 03:53 AM

I have an expensive camera that I took on my last cruise. Before I left I took those little address labels and put them on the inside of the camera on the battery pack and the lining of the battery pack so if I had misplaced it, it could be returned to me. Also for quick identification if I needed it. Just a thought.

Closed Thread

Tags
beach, camera, carnival, conquestcameracom, cover, cruise, homeowners, it, laptop, mexico, myrtle, purse, ship, stole, stolen