Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Any Ships With Less Kids (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36668-any-ships-less-kids.html)

cluffsb 03-06-2011 08:57 PM

Any Ships With Less Kids

Don't get me wrong I like kids I have 3 teenagers. Just curious if any of the Carnival ships are not as popular with kids as others? My husband and I are going on our first trip on our own. Is there a better time of the year to go?

Dwayne 03-06-2011 09:07 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cluffsb (Post 286085)
Don't get me wrong I like kids I have 3 teenagers. Just curious if any of the Carnival ships are not as popular with kids as others? My husband and I are going on our first trip on our own. Is there a better time of the year to go?

Welcome to CruiseReviews!

Usually there are less kids when school is in session. Spring/Christmas break and June,July, and August will have the most kids.

Welcome Aboard,
Dwayne

gdjoslin 03-06-2011 10:04 PM

I have found the longer the cruise the less kids. We like taking an 8 day Mexico cruise. It has also had a lot less teenagers than the 7 day cruise. A 3 or 4 day cruise we do not even consider.

Wheels87 03-07-2011 04:13 AM

I second both of the replies above.

I recently went on the five day Bahamas cruise out of Jacksonville during mid-November (not Thanksgiving week) and there were actually very few children on board.

I am guessing that during my upcoming trips in June, I won't be so fortunate. I, myself have three children and don't have a problem with other people's children when they are well behaved, but lets face it, most parents out there let their children run the household and that is never a good thing.

I would be more than happy to pull my children out of school for a week to cruise during off-peak times (they are all three strictly straight "A" students), however, the schools no longer allow that kind of thing, so I guess we are stuck dealing with throngs of children taking over the cruise ship while their parents get drunk at the pool bar.

Anyway, have a great trip!

Brad

tim c 03-07-2011 10:51 AM

Usually NONE!! We would love tp go on one that there is 0 kids.. most parents dont warch there brats i mean kids and let them run all over the ship.. I have been in a hot tube when kids would jump in with snorkel gear on and would try to swim in it.. Had to yell at them and told them to get out!!

susanmaz 03-07-2011 11:29 AM

Try Holland America - few children at any time . . the most I've seen is maybe 50 or so during a Caribbean cruise in November - and those I did see were extremely well behaved.

penny3333 03-07-2011 12:14 PM

I agree with all the above. HAL has an older clientelle, going when school is in session, selecting a longer itinerary, and Princess usually has less children too. If you want tons of kids, sail on Costa. Don't get me wrong, I love Costa, but their ships are usually loaded with children.

Jabee 03-15-2011 08:59 PM

smaller ships have less

I find the Fantasy Class ships have fewer kids, unless you are in Summer, Spring Break, and Christmas.

Folks with kids will gravitate to the newer ships with more for kids to do. Of course, many of the Fantasy ships have the Evolutions of Fun upgrades with waterslide parks for kids.

sandy toes 03-31-2011 01:10 PM

Always the school vacation times have more children, holidays, 3 day weekends, summertime. I like the longer cruises because there are less kids. Now, I love children and often bring my DS&DD and their children. But I agree with the earlier post, I do NOT enjoy seeing any child running around the ship or a store, or anywhere other than a park or play area without a parent. On ship last year I had brought my DD and grand daughter (age 5), a grandson (my younger son could not come so I watched him, age 5), my older DS and wife. There was a group of 10-15 kids that ran around all over the ship. Never in 8 days did we see any parents with them. Often we heard someone call them down for some behavior and they responded with extreme profane language. My DGD said they needed a time out!

tncruiseman 03-31-2011 01:49 PM

To stay on Carnival and "minimize" the kid impact, pick the longest cruise as stated earlier, and choose the most expensive sailing available at the time you can go. That will help. Also, upgrade to a higher level balcony cabin to increase the odds of quieter neighbors.

Regardless, choose a ship that has the upgraded "Serenity" deck and eat in the dining room for as many meals as possible. That will greatly improve the experience without as many distractions.

Hope this helps and have fun!