Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-10-2004, 10:34 AM

Booked on the Ecstasy Nov.15 to the western car.
My husband is worried about the cost of beer on board as he has to have his Miller Lite. Should we buy the drink coupons? We also have an outside cabin on the Riveria deck, should we be higher? Any help!
Old 10-10-2004, 10:34 AM

Booked on the Ecstasy Nov.15 to the western car.
My husband is worried about the cost of beer on board as he has to have his Miller Lite. Should we buy the drink coupons? We also have an outside cabin on the Riveria deck, should we be higher? Any help!
Old 10-10-2004, 06:36 PM
Banned

We sailed on the Carnival recently and here are the prices for Miller's. I think all ships are within the same price range. Miller was $3.25 and I think $11.50 for a bucket of 4. A 16oz Miller lite was 4.25. A 15% tip is then added on.

Take a lot of singles dollar bills with you. Many islands have street vendors that sell beer for $1 or $2.

Enjoy your trip
Old 10-17-2004, 05:18 PM

We are on the same cruise as you are. Where are you from? This is our first cruise and we are going with 7 others - 3 couples from Dallas, my husband and my best girlfriend. I've heard the drinks are expensive too. We're planning on sneaking on our own liquor. Plus you are allowed to bring champagne and wine. They do charge $10 corkage if you take it to dinner. Hope to hear back from you.
Old 10-18-2004, 08:33 AM

We are from Beaumont. My husband and I are going alone so it waould be nice to meet someone else on board. How are you bringing drinks onboard? We would like to bring some beer and champagne for sure. I didn't know if they searched luggage or not? Have you already booked offshore trips or not? Where are you staying on ship? Hope to hear from you.
Old 10-19-2004, 01:56 PM

Haven't sailed on Carnival since last year out of Port Canaveral. We simply pack alcohol in our luggage. Beer may be a little more difficult, but I don't think they worry much at boarding about what is in the luggage you send onboard. They do check carry-on's though. We took vodka and got tomato juice and orange juice sent by room service and made bloody mary's and screwdrivers in the cabin. Worked out well.
Consider in all this the hassle, but realize that if you were at a resort you would be paying a lot more for the same days of vacation when you factor in room and meals (and there is NO shortage of food), and you would still have to pay the same or more for drinks. One way cruiselines are "staying afloat" financially is drink sales. That's how prices stay reasonable.

Closed Thread

Tags
anniversary, cruise, cruiser, drinks, miller, onboard, sneaking