Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-20-2011, 11:08 AM

Lindalee23 I have not been on that ship. I have been on the Spirit and the Pride when are the same class. We like 8h It is on the top aft just below the lido deck. It is easy to walk up to the lido and get a cup of morning coffee (I get up a lot earlier than my wife). It is a straight shot down to the main dining. It is at the opposite end of the main show room, however you are going to do some walking no mater where you are.
I just tried to look at a deck plan and they seem to be locked up on the Carnival site for some reason.

Enjoy your cruise.

Old 03-20-2011, 02:05 PM
Red face
Dear "more experienced than I cruisers",

I don't understand the cabin types. When someone says 8c for example, I have NO CLUE what that means.

I've been on three cruises but I'm still Clueless in New York - like Sleepless in Seattle.

Can someone enlighten me??

Thank you!

P.S. I miss the ship already. We've been home three weeks and I still miss the ship.
Old 03-20-2011, 02:42 PM
Administrator

8C is a cabin category. It depends on the ship as to what categories of cabins it has. You can have an 8A, and 8B, or and 8C. Even an 8D or 8M. They are all "8" so they are the same as in size or having a balcony. The letter has to do with the specific location on the ship. An 8A balcony cabin is on a lower deck, where an 8C may be on a higher deck or in a more desirable (to some) location.

Typically Carnival has category 4 cabins which are inside, category 5 and 6 which are standard outside cabins, the category 8 and 9 balcony cabins, and so forth. Suites used to be category 11 and 12 but they have gone on to different identities, such as GS (grand suite). Just go to the Carnival website and look at the ship deck plans.
Old 03-20-2011, 09:03 PM

Default yes
Pam...I have been on 15 Carnival cruises...and when I hear a category like 8c...I scratch my head...but if you tell me Riviera deck inside forward...or even the cabin number I can look it up on a deck chart and see it..

I do always look at what is above me. Ask if it looks like it could be something that could cause a loud noise (ie..do not get under the disco.)

Like I say, on my first cruise on the Conquest we were under the kitchen, and we did hear some noise. But, also know there are not a lot of things over the rooms that will cause a lot of noise.

But, I have been right next to the elevator and never heard a sound.

Also...know that the higher the deck, the better it is considered, but with elevators you can go anywhere. So the lower decks will be less, while decks near the Lido deck will have a higher rate.

I love cruising and since my first have found it is the only way to travel.

PREVIOUS CRUISES

Read and post cruise reviews

Carnival Elation (1) Feb. 12, 2011
Carnival Triumph (2) March 13, 2010; Oct. 16, 2010
Carrnival Fantasy (4) Oct. 15, 2007; Oct 27, 2008; March 2, 2009; Nov. 11, 2009
Carnival Holiday (2) Dec. 27, 2007 & Dec. 31, 2007
NCL Sun (1) on March 11, 2007
Carnival Glory (1) Sept. 16, 2006
Carnival Celebration (2) Dec. 31, 2005; March 20, 2006
Carnivall Conquest (1) Oct 9-16, 2005
Old 03-21-2011, 07:02 AM

I usually book close to a year out so I can save enough money to pay for it. However, once in a while, a good buy comes up and....well....I can't resist

Please do ask anything you want, we'll try our best to help!
Old 03-21-2011, 12:44 PM
Thanks for the info on cabins, guys.

And lindalee, I would book tomorrow for a cruise next week if I could. But mostly I look for deals. We don't have another cruise booked yet and I'm getting antsy. I wish we had done this years ago when we had more money but no time. Now we have the time but not enough money!!
Old 03-21-2011, 07:13 PM
I tend to book as far out as I can, as soon as I can commit 100%. My last trip I booked 6 months in advance because I wanted 2 connecting staterooms - they tend to sell out at least 6 months in advance.

I also book my flights as early as I can - as soon as the schedule opens for the range of dates so they have the cheapest seats.
Old 03-31-2011, 01:01 PM

I book when I get cold! Live in an area with winter snow and hate being cold! So I research a cruise, dream of warmer days and countdown the days. The holidays are always a busy time for the cruise lines, so I would suggest booking out as far as you can so you can get the cabin of choice. If you wait that cabin might be gone. I love the aft balconies and always need to book them early on. Have fun on your first cruise. You are aware that this is an addictive behavior and there is no cure.

Closed Thread

Tags
advance, book, booking, caribbean, carnival, cruise, cruises, fare, long, made, payment, people, price, royal, southern, year