Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Another Sale is coming... (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36796-another-sale-coming.html)

Jabee 03-28-2011 06:56 PM

Another Sale is coming...

Sale starting tomorrow will feature upgrades and OBC...
I will see if this is a real sale or if Carnival is just hype..
I have down well with these sales in the past and often gotten an upgrade for the same price...

You should get an e-mail tomorrow morning (March 29) for the sale which will be an end of the month sale.

penny3333 03-29-2011 07:28 AM

I wish I could take advantage of the pack 'n go cruises. Some of those are great prices!

Dwayne 03-29-2011 03:33 PM

Most often it is just that. Hype. Meaning the rate is often higher than other rates to offset what they are giving away. At least that's been my experience. My advice is to do the math.

Jabee 03-31-2011 12:20 PM

YUP--it was HYPE

Turned out I could pay $100 more for our trip, and get a $50 OBC..
say what???
is there something wrong with this math?

I was very disappointed as my PVP called me to tell me of this sale, and he promised he would call me so I could take advantage of it. But, he knew what I was looking at, so I guess he realized it was not worth the call.

sandy toes 03-31-2011 12:42 PM

I had the same kind of call this morning, saying last day to take advantage of the sale. I was offered a cabin cost $100 more than on Monday with a $50 OBC. I think I will wait to see what Sat will bring.

Dwayne 03-31-2011 04:01 PM

Yep, I checked on my cruise too. The "Sale" was more than $100 than the rate I already had. Occasionally they do have good specials though. Like when they have the Military special were you can book multiple cabins.

gocruz 04-01-2011 04:20 AM

Same thing here. We wanted to take advantage of the "sale", but when we booked saw that it was $100 more than the early saver. We went ahead and booked on the early saver fare, I hope we aren't going to miss a good sale this weekend.

sandy toes 04-01-2011 07:48 AM

You sure won't miss one this weekend. I got an email saying that the current sale was extended through the weekend. I was hoping for something better also. Will wait for Monday. I want to book but not with the early saver deal and not with this "sale".

CruiseDad 04-01-2011 09:34 AM

So no one is being fooled this time. I've been watching a july cruise out of Charleston and while I have not kept any stats on it yet - when I went on the Sale I thought it was higher than the last time I looked. I will need to start keeping score to be sure I get the best deal. I never see the military discount on the web anymore do they still do it sometimes? We always call after looking at the web, just in case we can talk a better deal. Also watching a New Year Eve cruise and that went up during the sale. Buyer beware I guess

Dwayne 04-01-2011 11:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseDad (Post 286993)
So no one is being fooled this time. I've been watching a july cruise out of Charleston and while I have not kept any stats on it yet - when I went on the Sale I thought it was higher than the last time I looked. I will need to start keeping score to be sure I get the best deal. I never see the military discount on the web anymore do they still do it sometimes? We always call after looking at the web, just in case we can talk a better deal. Also watching a New Year Eve cruise and that went up during the sale. Buyer beware I guess

For April Fool's Day - "Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice, shame on me."

I really think it is because a lot of us experienced cruisers have caught on to these so called sales and have learned to do the math.

I think the last time they had the Military special for booking multiple cabins was back in November. I am not certain though. I couldn't find the military rates listed on Carnival.com either. I am not military, but some of my cruise friends are. They tell me that they have to ask their Travel Agent or PVP for the rates, and that not every sailing has them.