Cruise Reviews Forums

Cruise Reviews Forums (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/)
-   Carnival Cruise Line (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/)
-   -   Debating on trasfers of cab (http://www.cruisereviews.com/forum/carnival-cruise-line/36809-debating-trasfers-cab.html)

whickey 04-01-2011 10:16 AM

Debating on trasfers of cab

How much does it cost by cab from the miami airport to the cruise terminal. Doing the Valor April 10 2011

penny3333 04-01-2011 11:52 AM

It was $24. If it's gone up due to the gas prices, it probably won't be more than $30. This was to Dodge Island (Port of Miami), not Port Everglades. We sailed the Valor out of Miami last May. We did the western Caribbean itinerary. The Valor was a great ship, easy to get around. The ports were fabulous. And, the service was wonderful! Have a great cruise!!

whickey 04-01-2011 12:51 PM

Thanks Penny. Any thoughts things to do in each port.

CruiseDad 04-03-2011 08:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by whickey (Post 286994)
How much does it cost by cab from the miami airport to the cruise terminal. Doing the Valor April 10 2011

Here is a place that you can get estimates for taxi fares in Miami.

Taxi Fare Finder Miami - Estimate Your Taxi Cab Fare, Cost and Rates

This is what it gave today 4/3/2011 for MIA to the Miami port
Approximate Breakdown:
Initial Fare $2.50
Add. Metered Fare $31.53
Tip (15%) $5.10
Estimated Taxi Fare $39.13

penny3333 04-04-2011 08:44 AM

I snorkel, so that might not appeal to you. However, Belize is the one spot, I definitely recommend snorkeling, the reef is awesome! Grand Cayman, if you've not been to Stingray City, that is a great excursion. We just took the bus down to 7 mile beach and spent the day. Grand Cayman is good for jewelry shopping, not the prices, but the quality of the stones. Roatan, we enjoyed Mahogany Bay. They've spent $70million on upgrades and it's a great place to spend the day. Wish I were going back again!

Dwayne 04-06-2011 05:25 PM

For future reference, Carnival also offers transfers from the airport to the cruise port. For Miami; One Way: $16.00 - Round Trip: $32.00.

I'm not a huge fan of the transfers, but if they are a lot cheaper then I like them. They saved me once when having a delayed flight, by being there waiting though. A Carnival employee was waiting at the bottom of the escalator with a CCL sign. :cool:

Cruise Fanatic 04-06-2011 06:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by CruiseDad (Post 287043)
Here is a place that you can get estimates for taxi fares in Miami.

Taxi Fare Finder Miami - Estimate Your Taxi Cab Fare, Cost and Rates

This is what it gave today 4/3/2011 for MIA to the Miami port
Approximate Breakdown:
Initial Fare $2.50
Add. Metered Fare $31.53
Tip (15%) $5.10
Estimated Taxi Fare $39.13

Miami Airport straight to the Port of Miami or vice versa falls under the "Flat fares" and is $24. They may have added a fuel surcharge. Flat fares are posted on the rear seat passenger window. No taxi driver should be charging more than what is posted. Some have tried to charge passengers the port fee they pay when leaving the Port of Miami. Do not pay it. If they try to charge you, point to the sign and remind them all fees are included. I make it a habit to write down the taxi number and driver number when I enter a cab.