Go Back   Cruise Reviews Forums > Cruise Lines > Carnival Cruise Line
Register Forgot Password?
New! Use your Facebook, Google, AIM & Yahoo accounts to securely log into this site, click logo to login  
Search

Closed Thread

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-09-2011, 07:51 PM

Somewhat unrelated, I signed up for a Carnival account awhile ago, and I think within a day, I got a call from a Carnival PVP. I told them I was just browsing and looking for cruises, not looking to book at the moment. I don't recall the name of the PVP. Anyway, I saw from the caller ID on my cell phone that it was a Maryland area code. The next day, my phone rings, and I see again, it's a Maryland area code. That one I just let go (didn't answer). The next day it was the same thing, and I didn't answer, but then I guess they just gave up, because it hasn't happened since then.

I agree, Macmom, that the behavior of that PVP was uncalled for, and hope that the necessary action is taken by Carnival.
2013 - Golden Princess (Alaska, roundtrip from Seattle)
Old 04-09-2011, 08:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanova frankenstein View Post
I don't understand this
I have a Cruise already reserved at carnival if you mean that PVP is the person that anwser the phone
I already use differents PVP in just this cruise I already call like 8 times
I just call 1-800-carnival and make the changes with the one that answer and I don't really recall any names with all the bookings I made so far I always use the same method with each one of my cruises.

what I really like to know if this is some form of trying to get your personal info for a identity theft or something like that this sounds a little strange for my taste...
Hey Cas, A PVP means "Personal Vacation Planner". These people work in a different capacity than the regular 1-800 people that answer the general reservation phone line. They are assigned to handle your booking personally. The people that answer the 1-800 general reservation number do not keep up with you personally.

I don't think they are trying to get your personal information, as they would most likely have it already. I think they are just being persistent to keep their people who book through them. I would say clients, but that would be inappropriate as these people do not have an Agency/Client relationship with the guests. They are Employees of Carnival.

An Agent on the other hand is obligated to look after your best interests not the company's. It is called a Fiduciary responsibility under the law. In other words, they have an obligation to look after your best interests.

Sorry to get all technical, but some people really get this confused.

Also read THIS from Kuki at our sister site.

Dwayne

Closed Thread

Tags
book, booked, call, calling, carnival, cruise, cruising, forum, jersey, lines, people, pvp, recommendation, recommendations, rude